Post Match Leicester 5 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrific performance and win.

The sending off clearly played a part, but we were well on top already at 1-0

Something special brewing? Let's hope so. 3 points clear of 5th (and 9th) after 7 games. And we've not had an easy start...

Goal difference now +8

Great momentum now. 11 goals to 1 in last 3 games and that goal was a bit flukey. A free hit up next against the runaway leaders who we tend to do well against. Happy days.

Wondered how long it would take for us to get the "...without Maddison" questions.

Today was an easy game. Or a game against a weak side we made easy. But Maddison is a star player, so our best team has him in it
Agreed Maddison is a star but does having him in the team cause a loss of balance? When Maddison plays does Tielemans play a slightly different role in the team?
Tielemans and Praet were class today.

Agreed Maddison is a star but does having him in the team cause a loss of balance? When Maddison plays does Tielemans play a slightly different role in the team?
Only when Maddison is played out on the left. When he's not, he's excellent and should always be in this team. With him today, God alone knows what the score would have been.

for me the important thing is that we have options. We don’t have to play the same team every week, providing the manager is doing it with intelligence and not just randomly chopping and changing. but I fear that this week will all be about whether we are better without Maddison.

Only when Maddison is played out on the left. When he's not, he's excellent and should always be in this team. With him today, God alone knows what the score would have been.
But are we too predictable with Maddison? Everything seems to go through him.

Incidentally I know Chilwell had his detractors, as ever, in the first half. But second half thought he was excellent. As they all were.
Even Nacho.

for me the important thing is that we have options. We don’t have to play the same team every week, providing the manager is doing it with intelligence and not just randomly chopping and changing. but I fear that this week will all be about whether we are better without Maddison.
The bonus today is that it shows that we are not a 1 man team (apart from possibly Vardy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363