Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Debut goals each side of half time by Slimani and a late o.g. from Ben Mee on his return visit.

Geoff Peters says we deserved it.

Well we got what we deserved against Liverpool, and we got what we deserved today! Dominated.

First lets be clear, Burnley are a poor side. However, we were superb today, especially second half. Slimani looks a fantastic acquisition. Drinkwater and Mahrez super. The defence were excellent. The only slight disappointment was vardy.

Brilliant response to the Liverpool match this week. Chalked off the goal difference too, and a little less pressure on the Man U game next week which would have been the case had we not won.

First lets be clear, Burnley are a poor side. However, we were superb today, especially second half. Slimani looks a fantastic acquisition. Drinkwater and Mahrez super. The defence were excellent. The only slight disappointment was vardy.

Will be interesting to watch how Vards played later, but the beauty of having Slimani looks like we will have another goal scoring source and method when the runs of Vardy and Mahrez are not paying off.

I have to disagree, Vards worked his socks off, and his back heel laid on Slimanis second. The rest I agree with.

Stylish, positive, aggressive. Burnley turned up to spoil and frustrate and we said '**** that, let's play some football'

Mahrez, Albrighton and Drinky were absolutely lovely today. Slimani looks like a big Vardy, Amartey was completely untroubled. We needed a win today and we went one further and completely played them off the park.

Marc Albrighton - what a player!

Good performance all round but yet again, great performance from Albrighton.

Great to see Slimani get off the mark already too. If we now have 2 regular scoring strikers we are always going to be a threat.

All change for Tuesday bar Zieler and poss Amartey filling in at RB.

Hope Burnley go down. Horrible football, horrible manager and some right chavy scrotes trying to gode the City fans from the safety of their coaches.

I ****ing hate Burnley.

Vardy was fine.
Amartey played well.
Fuchs looks back to his best. Mahrez too.
Drinkwater and Albrighton were outstanding.
Slimani works hard, plays with intelligence, links up well with his team mates and scores goals. Looks a bargain.

Back four were rarely troubled. I thought they might struggle against Gray's pace but the offside trap worked well and he didn't have the intelligence to delay his runs.

They've obviously been working on set pieces in training, some really inventive ones today.

Vardy played a different role today. His passing was sublime at times which is something we've not seen a lot of before.

I have to disagree, Vards worked his socks off, and his back heel laid on Slimanis second. The rest I agree with.
I appreciate that he worked his arse off but I thought his end product was a little off today. Also, I thought Albrighton was great but for me his crossing is quite up to scratch at the moment.

Thought Amartey did well, but will be good to see him under pressure from more demanding sides, Chelski, ManC and Manure spring to mind.

Absolutely brilliant to watch that.

Slimani is so powerful. Mahrez was electric. Albrighton ran himself into the ground and Fuchs gave the perfect full-back performance.

Only downside was we should've won by a lot more than 3.

The CL seems to have done us a lot of good rather than clog up our fixture list.

I appreciate that he worked his arse off but I thought his end product was a little off today. Also, I thought Albrighton was great but for me his crossing is quite up to scratch at the moment.
Jeez; Micky what do you want from a player absolute perfection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669