Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think anyone had a bad game today. MOM Slimani, fantastic presence up front. Some great link up play. Albrighton was in fine form again but fizzled out in the later stages of the second half... overall it was good and it's good to see we can create penty of chances even when teams sit back so much like Burnley did today. We did struggle in games like that last season. Maybe we just need to get that bit of consistency going. Next up is Chelsea in the cup. We need to decide what we are going to prioritise this season. Probably best to mix things up for that game and give a chance to the likes of Demarai Gray and Ben Chilwell, putting them in the starting line up.

I appreciate that he worked his arse off but I thought his end product was a little off today. Also, I thought Albrighton was great but for me his crossing is quite up to scratch at the moment.

His assist for our second was utter class. Scorpion assist.

His assist for our second was utter class. Scorpion assist.
His pass for Mahrez to deflect in the second was also a key factor in the goal. I thought Vardy was good today. Not sure why people have it in for him - especially since games against Burnley and their sit-back approach is never going to give him the space he does well in

I thought the first half was poor. Two sides playing long balls at each other with little to no intelligence. It seemed like we thought we'd got a new target man to hit and were determined to do so.

Slimani is no good at winning headers from punts up field. However, he is magnificent at winning headers from quality crosses from wide positions.

Mahrez was the best player on the pitch today. A delightful performance to watch. Such a treat to see him in that sort of form. I thought Vardy was was way off the pace. He did some running but his touch let him down badly.

A word on a couple of other players. Amartey is not good enough to play in a two in midfield against good opposition. We can get away with it against shite teams like Burnley and Brugge, but he'll be exposed against better sides. And welcome to the season to Fuchs. I think he's been awful so far this season. Plodding and positionally useless. Today, he was much more like the player from last season.

Finally on Burnley, they really are a terrible team. What is the point of coming back up to be slightly worse than the side that wasn't good enough two seasons ago? They may as well not bother. The goals either side of half time killed the contest but they were inept in every department.

His pass for Mahrez to deflect in the second was also a key factor in the goal. I thought Vardy was good today. Not sure why people have it in for him - especially since games against Burnley and their sit-back approach is never going to give him the space he does well in

His normal Vardy performances are running ahead of people and either scoring every week or getting clattered so we have a pen/free kick. The rest of his game is very overlooked. He was overlooked for England as he couldn't run in from behind players, despite scoring goals of a different nature for England. In the game against Newcastle last season he set up Nagasaki with his head.....it's not typical Vardy so unless he's running fast and scoring we don't see it.

I don't know how you're all bigging up anything to do with the second goal. I've just heard Dyche describe it on SSN, 14 deflections and hit the bloke on the head, according to him. Not that he's bitter.

I don't know how you're all bigging up anything to do with the second goal. I've just heard Dyche describe it on SSN, 14 deflections and hit the bloke on the head, according to him. Not that he's bitter.
Did he genuinely say that? I really can't stand that areshole.

Burnley came to spoil from the off, and i thought their performance was an absolute embarrassment to the Premier League. Shameful really

As a result we struggled in the first half, playing in fits and starts. Once we stepped forward ten yards we absolutely dominated in every part of the pitch.

Slimani was excellent. Surprisingly didn't win a single headed challenge in the middle of the park, but his all round play was superb. What an asset he's going to be.

Albrighton was outstanding, he really was. Absolutely masterful from him, and Fuchs was not far behind him. Wonderful stuff

Drinky was amazing. When he's on song he's a brilliant player

But Mahrez was sublime. Good grief, he can be world class at times. What a star.

3 -0 flattered them, really, 'cos they are a dogshit side managed by a moaning cock-end of a manager. Hope they go down

All change for the Chelsea game, apart from the keeper

Did he genuinely say that? I really can't stand that areshole.
Yep. Four minutes of madness cost them, apparently. 2 mins before half time they give away a silly free kick (fair enough). 2 minutes after half time the second was as described above.

I've just heard Dyche describe it on SSN, 14 deflections and hit the bloke on the head, according to him.

The bloke had to have his head in the right place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669