Post Match Leicester City 3:0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness to Dyche, they did look dangerous in the warm-up.

In all fairness to Dyche, they did look dangerous in the warm-up.

Looked fairly skint though? No money at all. Definitely not got enough to spend a small fortune on an idiot forward.

Looked fairly skint though? No money at all. Definitely not got enough to spend a small fortune on an idiot forward.
Oh, they are loaded but it would be plain wrong to spend money and compete. There'd be no excuses then.

I thought the first half was poor. Two sides playing long balls at each other with little to no intelligence. It seemed like we thought we'd got a new target man to hit and were determined to do so.

Slimani is no good at winning headers from punts up field. However, he is magnificent at winning headers from quality crosses from wide positions.

Mahrez was the best player on the pitch today. A delightful performance to watch. Such a treat to see him in that sort of form. I thought Vardy was was way off the pace. He did some running but his touch let him down badly.

A word on a couple of other players. Amartey is not good enough to play in a two in midfield against good opposition. We can get away with it against shite teams like Burnley and Brugge, but he'll be exposed against better sides. And welcome to the season to Fuchs. I think he's been awful so far this season. Plodding and positionally useless. Today, he was much more like the player from last season.

Finally on Burnley, they really are a terrible team. What is the point of coming back up to be slightly worse than the side that wasn't good enough two seasons ago? They may as well not bother. The goals either side of half time killed the contest but they were inept in every department.
What makes you think that about Amartey? I think he's got a lot of potential for a 21yr old. I also thought he was excellent today.

We outclassed Burnley the same way that Pool outclassed us last week. Amazing that Burnley beat pool 2-0.

I thought that Albrighton's crosses were terrible in the first half otherwise we would've had more. Fuch's crosses were great throughout the game. Albrighton was much better in the second.

Mahrez looked great today.

Slimani will score twice as many goals as Vardy this season. Vardy will increase in assists. Okazaki isn't going to get many games.

What makes you think that about Amartey? I think he's got a lot of potential for a 21yr old. I also thought he was excellent today.

I agree in terms of potential. If he develops well, he could be an absolute beast in midfield in a couple of years.

Right now, he's got a lot to learn. He's positionally wrong too often, his reactions to situations aren't good enough. He takes too long to get the ball under control at times. That sort of thing really. A quality opponent will have his pants down.

I think the same about Gray and Chilwell (and potentially Kaspustka). They could all be terrific players for us if they're smart and are well coached over the next year or two.

Mind you, I thought the same about Lawrence.

Zieler 7 - made the only save he had to.
Fuchs 8 - outstanding today in attack and defence
Morgan 7 - solidly good
Huth 7 - a rock
Simpson 7 - good outing

Albrighton 7 - not good enough crosses in the first, great work in the second
Drinky 7 - quietly efficient
Almartey 6.5 - good with a few small mistakes through inexperience
Mahrez 8 - looked wonderfully dangerous all the time

Vardy 7 - once he's in tune with Slim we're going to be awesome
Slimani 8.5 - what a debut - and people wanted Okazaki to keep his place.

King 6 not starter material
Gray 6.5

We've now gone an entire calendar year unbeaten at home in the top flight.

That's absolutely fuching ridiculous, never thought I'd see anything like it.

I thought the first half was poor. Two sides playing long balls at each other with little to no intelligence. It seemed like we thought we'd got a new target man to hit and were determined to do so.

Slimani is no good at winning headers from punts up field. However, he is magnificent at winning headers from quality crosses from wide positions.

Mahrez was the best player on the pitch today. A delightful performance to watch. Such a treat to see him in that sort of form. I thought Vardy was was way off the pace. He did some running but his touch let him down badly.

A word on a couple of other players. Amartey is not good enough to play in a two in midfield against good opposition. We can get away with it against shite teams like Burnley and Brugge, but he'll be exposed against better sides. And welcome to the season to Fuchs. I think he's been awful so far this season. Plodding and positionally useless. Today, he was much more like the player from last season.

Finally on Burnley, they really are a terrible team. What is the point of coming back up to be slightly worse than the side that wasn't good enough two seasons ago? They may as well not bother. The goals either side of half time killed the contest but they were inept in every department.

Well it doesn't happen often... but I agree with all this BN.

Oh, they are loaded but it would be plain wrong to spend money and compete. There'd be no excuses then.

Saw someone mention that they had 2nd, 3rd and 4th most expensive players on the pitch today. He's a **** and keeps rolling that shit about money out as an excuse.

Interesting to see Mahrez & Slimani before the game. Got to be good for Riyad, to have him here, surely.

How the **** did that pile of shite from 'oop North' manage to beat the Reds? Did Liverpool send their Ressies/Kids to Burnley or something?

Vardy was explosive as usual. Very very valuable player to us. 2 goals in 5 so far in the PL, wins the free kick which led to the goal vs brugges and the penalty that led to the third against Brugges. He got an assist for the second today.

His work, whether directly involved with goals and assists or the play in the build up, is nothing short of wonderful. He makes so much possible.

Everyone else worked their socks off imo. Mahrez was genius, Drinks was dominant, Slimani was wonderfully aggressive. So much competition up front now with Musa and Okazaki a sublime backup partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669