Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin127

Playing our new central defender in midfield and not playing our new midfielder at all.

Sounds like a plan!

Watched Dave Bassett do this when he took over from Graham Taylor at Watford. He bought a big centre half and played him in midfield in place of Richard Hill a midfielder who was Taylor's last signing. It worked out well for him.

SilverFox

We could play Josh Low. He was out of position on a football pitch.

Micky

We are one superb signing away from being tremendous. I wonder if Claudio knows the missing link.

Joe_Fox

Feels like this one is a massive game for both sides after opening day defeats. Revert back to the title winning team but play Mendy for Kante.

sparky79

Schmeichel
Simpson Hernandez Morgan Fuchs
Mendy Drinkwater
Mahrez Okazaki Musa
Vardy

Have it!

Graz

I have a theory (or blind optimism) that Mendy WILL be the Kante replacement we're hoping for, but Ranieri is just saying he's not to avoid the pressure being piled on him to fill Kante's boots by himself.

We wanted him last summer before we signed Kante, then went back and got him this summer when we surely knew by then that Kante was off.

If we thought Kante was staying, would we really have gone and spent £13m on another CM who most likely wouldn't get in the starting lineup? And if that was the plan would we not have signed another since Kante left?

Here's hoping for Mendy!

Graz

Mendy for King
Albrighton for Gray
Shinji for Musa
Huth for Hernandez

Completely this.

The only debatable one is Shinji/Musa.

Musa looks very exciting to me so far and a real talent. I also think he was one of our better players in the last game, so it feels harsh to drop him.

But, Shinji showed what he brings when he came on. He links the midfield very well and they need the support at the moment

londonfox

Schmeichel
Simpson Hernandez Morgan Fuchs
Mendy Drinkwater
Mahrez Okazaki Musa
Vardy

Have it!

Musa was lost out on the left for the last 20 mins against Hull.

And surely you can't have witnessed that defensive shambles and not thought that Huth would improve it.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I have a theory (or blind optimism) that Mendy WILL be the Kante replacement we're hoping for, but Ranieri is just saying he's not to avoid the pressure being piled on him to fill Kante's boots by himself.

We wanted him last summer before we signed Kante, then went back and got him this summer when we surely knew by then that Kante was off.

If we thought Kante was staying, would we really have gone and spent £13m on another CM who most likely wouldn't get in the starting lineup? And if that was the plan would we not have signed another since Kante left?

Here's hoping for Mendy!

So why did Ranieri start King instead of Mendy, when everyone knows King can't tackle or cover the defence?

dpjfox

Huth and Mendy must replace Hernandez and King. imo Musa has shown enough to warrant a starting place but as yet CR as not worked out the best formation to fit him in. We must play at a higher tempo and hopefully a team that will try and attack us will leave space for our pacy forwards to expose. Im expecting a tight game but think we will nick it 2-1 Vardy Musa

TornadoShaunUK

We proved last season we can beat anyone in the league. 11 men versus 11. Plus we've got an axe to grind with these ****s....

Lako42

Right, I was at the Arsenal game on Saturday and had a great view of the unfolding shit storm that was the Arsenal defence.

We need to press them and press them hard, they cannot deal with it and the 2 inexperienced lads at the back totally folded under the pressure in the 2nd half.

The other weakness is the left fullback position. The space afforded down that side was criminal and wasn't exploited anywhere near enough despite the 4 goals Liverpool managed.

They played a couple of holding midfielders so the middle was congested and we would struggle to play through it if they lined up the same, width is going to be key against these and I would start Mahrez and Albrighton and have them swapping occasionally.

Okazaki plays, without him we have no balance and no link from midfield to attack, he will also press the holding players.

We should have more space and more opportunity against these, we need to be on our game defensively though and this is where the balance will be difficult to achieve. Okazaki offers balance higher up, I hope Mendy can offer it further back.

Either way, I have never been to a ground with such negativity on display on the opening game of a season, the vitriolic abuse of the players and manager was very encouraging.

Get and early goal and seriously unsettle them would be the ideal scenario.

I hope it's just Sanchez up top again, they spend the entire game hoofing the ball up to him and he was so frustrated I thought he might walk off at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669