Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had been a really big team with a really big squad we would not have sent the same players on all of the gigs in several corners of the world and perhaps suffered less.

I don't think that's the case.

Firstly it would be expected by each country for us to have our top players there. And secondly it would have meant our team hardly training together, and our new players having little opportunity to integrate into the squad.

I don't see the other big clubs with big squads sending half the team one place and half the team somewhere else.

I don't think that's the case.

Firstly it would be expected by each country for us to have our top players there. And secondly it would have meant our team hardly training together, and our new players having little opportunity to integrate into the squad.

I don't see the other big clubs with big squads sending half the team one place and half the team somewhere else.

Did you see the squad Tottering sent to Australia?

Did you see the squad Tottering sent to Australia?

Yes they didn't send the Euro 2016 players, just like we didn't to Glasgow and for a chunk of LA. Nothing to do with the size of the squad.

And it's hardly like they hit the ground running on Saturday, even with half the team missing Australia.

I don't think that we lacked fitness on Saturday. To suggest as much is an insult to Matt Reeves and his team who have proved to be excellent at their jobs.

I'm also far from convinced that a couple of lengthier plane journeys than normal has made any difference whatsoever.

Our problem appeared to me to be a lack of focus. After a year spent with his feet up, Ken Wray needs to be doing his job to remove a few heads from clouds.

Ranieri both does not panic and understands motivation. I fully expect a very different team on Saturday, win, lose or draw.

So if they were fit, why were we not pressing and in their faces all the time, instead of giving them space and time to get organised?

Pre season was shit.

We had players focussed on talking to Will ****ing Farrell and attending parties trying to impress fake tanned wankers so that they can make a film.

Everything was photo shoots and fakery.

Give me a proper pre season where we go to Austria to get general fitness and then play Quorn to get match fir.

Absolute load of old shite that hasn't benefited us in any way. Results make you what you are, not flirting with ****s in LA.

So if they were fit, why were we not pressing and in their faces all the time, instead of giving them space and time to get organised?

Mainly because it was the first game of the season and the players aren't up to that level of 'match' fitness yet. It's nothing to do with basic physical fitness.

In everything except our finishing, the game was very similar to the first game of last season.

Coming away from the first game last season, I was quietly confident we wouldn't be involved in a relegation battle and would finish above the previous seasons 14th place.
Coming away from the first game this season, whilst disappointed with the result I'm more than confident we won't be anywhere near the bottom of the table and if we finish 7th or 8th give a decent showing in Europe add in a little cup run what's not to be happy about

We need to rattle their confidence early doors - so I suggest a celebratory team snap is tweeted prior to kick off.

If we give a decent performance against Arsenal, regardless of result I will be very optimistic about our chances.

We were fortunate last season though to get 12 from the first 18 points though.

To match that we need to win 4 out 5 against Arsenal, Swansea, Liverpool, Burnley and Manure!

TalkSport all the way home tonight talking about the crisis at LCFC. Apparently Ranieri setting the 'get to 40 points' target isn't turning the squad on, Drinkwater is ready to walk away to get an England career and we're all still basking in glory rather than focusing on the new season.

TalkSport all the way home tonight talking about the crisis at LCFC. Apparently Ranieri setting the 'get to 40 points' target isn't turning the squad on, Drinkwater is ready to walk away to get an England career and we're all still basking in glory rather than focusing on the new season.

Don't they realise that the 40 points bull shit is just for the media and the fans, so to not build up much expectation or pressure? Behind the scenes I'm sure they won't be the targets being set. And "get to 40 points" didn't do a bad job of turning the squad on last season.

The Drinkwater comment is a worry of mine. Clearly he would have been at the Euros if he was wearing a Spurs or Liverpool shirt. Although I'm hoping that will change now Big Sam is in charge.

Sounds like the crap some idiot (who claims to be an ex agent) is coming out with on twitter. If you believe him, we'll have no squad by October.

Can't help but feel all the contract negotiations should have been completed before he season started.

In an ideal world. But players know they've got 2 more weeks to threaten to leave and increase what's on the table.

In an ideal world. But players know they've got 2 more weeks to threaten to leave and increase what's on the table.

And that's the problem. The transfer window has fueled the inflated prices that clubs pay for players and at the same time allowed some players to hold their clubs to ransom over wages.

Mark Clattenburg is the Ref, first chance to see his new tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670