Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult decisions for Claudio

I don't think he's have any issues with dropping any one of them if he felt it right for that game.

Perhaps save Musa as an impact Sub, but I really do think Pace will make a difference in this game so I am minded to go with all guns blazing early doors.

I'm all for giving Mendy a go. He is by trade a midfielder and we broke a transfer record signing him. He should get the nod. I was undecided at the start of the week but largely because I had forgotten about him (which shows that I am plainly working too hard at things that are not nearly trivial enough). The real issue for me is that I want Okazaki on the field but I also want Vardy and Musa. It is a headache because Musa from what I have seen plays best in the Vardy role and not on the wing. this leads me to a 3-5-2 but I don't think Mahrez is really a wing back.

If we did play 3-5-2 for me it would look like

--------------Big Kas------------
----Huth---Morgan--Fuchs----
Mahrez-----------------Schlupp
---------Drinky--Mendy--------
-------------Okazaki-------------
------Vardy--------Mooose-----

Am I bonkers.

You're certifiable.

Does anyone else think it would have just been better if they had ended football at the conclusion of last season.

Football could have ended at the end of last season for me.

My excitement levels for this season were the lowest since I started watching football all those years ago. Usually I'm full of excitement with hope that the next season will be better than the last. But I 100% knew it wouldn't be the case this season. Nothing could beat last season. Not even if we win the Prem and CL.

From the BBC

No defending champion has begun the following season with successive defeats since Aston Villa in 1981.

I believe we've only beaten Arsenal once in the league (Ian Ormondroyd inspired) since I started supporting City over 30 years ago.

King clearly showed he cannot do a Kante job.

Okazaki will pull their defenders/midfielders around the park.

So it is a question of whether Mendy is good enough for that role at the moment, or maybe Hernandez in front of Morgan and Huth.

That would also give the flexibility that Hernandez could drop back to give you a back 3 of H-M-H with Simpson and Fuchs pressing forwards with Drinkwater.

I cannot work out why so many people are convinced that Hernandes should be a defensive midfielder. Is it just because he can pass and it currently a defender?

It's a totally different role. I don't think he would be able to do the box to box stuff personally

I cannot work out why so many people are convinced that Hernandes should be a defensive midfielder. Is it just because he can pass and it currently a defender?

It's a totally different role. I don't think he would be able to do the box to box stuff personally

Crazy isn't it?

One of our big summer signings and we should play a centre back in that position, before he's even kicked a competitive ball in anger.

Crazy isn't it?

One of our big summer signings and we should play a centre back in that position, before he's even kicked a competitive ball in anger.

Yep, fans writing him off and none us have actually seen him play for any amount of time

May not be a popular view but with Vardy clearly lacking fitness, I would start Musa up front on Saturday. With Okazaki obviously.

From the BBC

No defending champion has begun the following season with successive defeats since Aston Villa in 1981.

I believe we've only beaten Arsenal once in the league (Ian Ormondroyd inspired) since I started supporting City over 30 years ago.
Didn't Villa go on to win the European cup that year

The wounded Gunners are in town. We are still not fit and we still haven't found the answer for the incredible Kante. I think it is going to take time to find some kind of solution. I fear that we are going to struggle and we will be picked apart by their incisive passing. 3-1 to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669