Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
TalkSport all the way home tonight talking about the crisis at LCFC. Apparently Ranieri setting the 'get to 40 points' target isn't turning the squad on, Drinkwater is ready to walk away to get an England career and we're all still basking in glory rather than focusing on the new season.
Everything that was coming out of that ****s mouth was nothing more than exaggerated rumours.

I wanted to ring in and simply call him out on his pathetic and obvious trolling but I then remembered he's just a hobbit lookalike ****.

I then put on some lovely soothing Amos Lee and forgot all about it.

They are recommending not to take bags into the Arsenal game as there will be enhanced searches with the gates being opened at 4pm.

Also no bottle beer as draft beer only available and exits will not be opened to access smoking areas at any time. Supporters are reminded that King Power Stadium is a no smoking venue, including e-cigarettes

If you are in the South stand you can look forward to this.
paint-4-3-lc7838-007280-3255261_478x359.jpg

Wenger saying he might have to gamble on 'fitness' of Giroud, Ozil etc.

Either mindgames or we have a great chance to beat them with our pace.

Unless our defence has improved this week though, it will have to be a case of scoring more goals than they do, maybe a Liverpool scoreline.

Huth back is the difference to the defence - Morgan cannot play on the left side of defence. Mendy in for King. Albrighton in for Gray. Mahrez on a high. Stick it up your Arsenal

1-0 to Citeh

We shipped 5 goals against these with our 1st choice pairing at the back.

We will either ship a shit load of goals and lose or we will ship a shit load of goals and win.

Without Kante in the middle I don't think it matters who plays at the back, we are weaker.

We shipped 5 goals against these with our 1st choice pairing at the back.

We will either ship a shit load of goals and lose or we will ship a shit load of goals and win.

Without Kante in the middle I don't think it matters who plays at the back, we are weaker.
We played Kanté in the middle when we shipped 5 goals against these.

For our teamtalk, I'd show the second half of the Feb match together with their post match celebrations.

Then pick the closest team to the one from that day and go for them.

Arsenal are the only team that had a hold over us last year and the only side we have unfinished business with.

After all that and the Hull performance, if we're not on our game, we have problems.

Exactly, should be interesting.

Having said all of this I actually left that 5-2 hammering with a smile on my face having witnessed us have a right old go and actually perform better than the score line suggested.

I have developed a healthy disrespect for Arsenal over the last year, I really want us to give them a good hiding.

King clearly showed he cannot do a Kante job.

Okazaki will pull their defenders/midfielders around the park.

So it is a question of whether Mendy is good enough for that role at the moment, or maybe Hernandez in front of Morgan and Huth.

That would also give the flexibility that Hernandez could drop back to give you a back 3 of H-M-H with Simpson and Fuchs pressing forwards with Drinkwater.

Exactly, should be interesting.

Having said all of this I actually left that 5-2 hammering with a smile on my face having witnessed us have a right old go and actually perform better than the score line suggested.

I have developed a healthy disrespect for Arsenal over the last year, I really want us to give them a good hiding.

To be fair to us back then, if Vardy had done a bit better, we could have been 3-0 up at half time.

To be fair to us back then, if Vardy had done a bit better, we could have been 3-0 up at half time.

The Arsenal game last year, or Hull last week?

I'm hoping Vardy and Mahrez will both be fired up to show Arsenal why they stayed at Leicester and what they're missing out on!

If both teams defend like they did on the opening day, we could be looking at a very high scoring game...

Either Arsenal lose, in which case fans will be calling for his head again, and then they make a ridiculous statement signing just to shut up the fans but then actually finish in the top 4. Or Arsenal win and the fans will hail Wenger, they'll make no marquee signing and then finish 7th/8th.

If we lose then the "pressure will be on" for about two or three more games. And then the world will come back to reality, expectations will be lowered, and Claudio can slowly carry out his assault on top 6!

King clearly showed he cannot do a Kante job.

Okazaki will pull their defenders/midfielders around the park.

So it is a question of whether Mendy is good enough for that role at the moment, or maybe Hernandez in front of Morgan and Huth.

That would also give the flexibility that Hernandez could drop back to give you a back 3 of H-M-H with Simpson and Fuchs pressing forwards with Drinkwater.

Why do you keep banging on about playing Hernandez in midfield? If the team needs someone to sit in front of the back 4 it should be a player who is actually a defensive midfielder not a CB. If you want to play the system you suggested the prime candidate for that position would be Amartey.

Mendy doesn't look like a DM, he looks more of a player in Drinkwater's mould from what I've seen, but he does get his foot in a bit more.

The absurdity of his and Kante's comparison makes me chuckle. "Because they're both black, short and stocky with foreign names, so let's assume they're the same" attitude by the press mainly!

Why do you keep banging on about playing Hernandez in midfield? If the team needs someone to sit in front of the back 4 it should be a player who is actually a defensive midfielder not a CB. If you want to play the system you suggested the prime candidate for that position would be Amartey.

But it worked so well with Harry Worley, why on earth wouldn't we want to pull that tactical masterstroke again ?

I'm all for giving Mendy a go. He is by trade a midfielder and we broke a transfer record signing him. He should get the nod. I was undecided at the start of the week but largely because I had forgotten about him (which shows that I am plainly working too hard at things that are not nearly trivial enough). The real issue for me is that I want Okazaki on the field but I also want Vardy and Musa. It is a headache because Musa from what I have seen plays best in the Vardy role and not on the wing. this leads me to a 3-5-2 but I don't think Mahrez is really a wing back.

If we did play 3-5-2 for me it would look like

--------------Big Kas------------
----Huth---Morgan--Fuchs----
Mahrez-----------------Schlupp
---------Drinky--Mendy--------
-------------Okazaki-------------
------Vardy--------Mooose-----

Am I bonkers.

I'm all for giving Mendy a go. He is by trade a midfielder and we broke a transfer record signing him. He should get the nod. I was undecided at the start of the week but largely because I had forgotten about him (which shows that I am plainly working too hard at things that are not nearly trivial enough). The real issue for me is that I want Okazaki on the field but I also want Vardy and Musa. It is a headache because Musa from what I have seen plays best in the Vardy role and not on the wing. this leads me to a 3-5-2 but I don't think Mahrez is really a wing back.

If we did play 3-5-2 for me it would look like

--------------Big Kas------------
----Huth---Morgan--Fuchs----
Mahrez-----------------Schlupp
---------Drinky--Mendy--------
-------------Okazaki-------------
------Vardy--------Mooose-----

Am I bonkers.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship