Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works fine for other teams though doesn't it? I would love to see us play good passing football with the right balance of players in the side, we clearly haven't got the balance right though and the pending arrival of Mr Pearson kills any chance of seeing a balanced passing side in the near future.

Don't disagree on your first point. My point is if Sven's era is defined as good football than they have been watching a different side to that of what I have since March last year. Even more so since August, rather than signing an attacking machine in the Summer who'd stick three or four pass a side. Sven chose a side of a defensive make-up.

I disagree that Pearson coming here kills off any notion of passing football. We played some good stuff under him, hammered some sides and in the process produced some 'complete' performances. Very rarely we were completely pissed off the park (probably Forest and West Brom x2), we pretty much competitive at all times whereas since his departure, defensively we've been a joke and bar a two month period sticking some goals past the likes of Doncaster and Barnsley, it's been stale football.

I disagree that Pearson coming here kills off any notion of passing football. We played some good stuff under him, hammered some sides and in the process produced some 'complete' performances. Very rarely we were completely pissed off the park (probably Forest and West Brom x2), we pretty much competitive at all times whereas since his departure, defensively we've been a joke and bar a two month period sticking some goals past the likes of Doncaster and Barnsley, it's been stale football.

I can't argue that his results were good as he got us into the playoffs. I would say though it depends on what you would describe as 'good stuff', we got the results but there were so many occasions that after winning a game that I had wished I'd just sat at home and waited for the goals on FLS. It only takes a second to score a goal but when the rest of the entire match is dull to watch it does spoil the football experience for me.

"When you're on holiday and you find out that the consortium that subsequently takes over [the club] has been shown round while you're the manager and you don't know anything about it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what's happening.

Thanks for resurrecting that quote. It's exactly what made me lose respect for Pearson in the first place.

I'm selling my house. My housekeeper is on holiday. A potential buyer wants to look at the house. I told the housekeeper I'm selling the house. Why should I need to phone the housekeeper and let her know i'm showing someone around it?

Thanks for resurrecting that quote. It's exactly what made me lose respect for Pearson in the first place.

I'm selling my house. My housekeeper is on holiday. A potential buyer wants to look at the house. I told the housekeeper I'm selling the house. Why should I need to phone the housekeeper and let her know i'm showing someone around it?

Fair point.

Because your housekeeper doesn't manage your house,and is not in charge of running your house,your business or teaching your kids!

Because your housekeeper doesn't manage your house,and is not in charge of running your house,your business or teaching your kids!

She also likes to do the hoovering in the buff - so it would have only been polite to notify her that someone was coming to look around

But it was MM's club to sell. That was up to MM and MM alone.
I see your point but if you are trusting one man to run your club for you surely he deserves to know what is going on.I am not saying he should of walked because of it,but if the owner of a business I managed was selling it and didnt tell me I would see it as a total lack of respect.

But you'd expect potential new owners to meet the manager. The manager is one of the most important assets at the club, so to arrange their visit when he's away is either bad planning or deliberately keeping the manager out of it.

I'll only tell my housekeeper once it's certain the potential buyer is definitely going ahead. Up until then it's none of her business. If she's around at the time then fine but as she's on holiday, why should I ring her?

I'll only tell my housekeeper once it's certain the potential buyer is definitely going ahead. Up until then it's none of her business. If she's around at the time then fine but as she's on holiday, why should I ring her?
Because a housekeeper has absolutley no comparison to a manager of a football club!

As has been pointed out, a housekeeper isn't as important as a football manager. You can easily replace a housekeeper. A manager is an important part of a football club, and his ability can influence the value and future prospects of the club.

If I wanted to buy a football club I would make sure I met the manager and got to know about him before going ahead with it. The fact that this didn't happen suggests that Pearson was not going to be at the club when the takeover took place.

If I wanted to buy a football club I would make sure I met the manager and got to know about him before going ahead with it. The fact that this didn't happen suggests that Pearson was not going to be at the club when the takeover took place.

The best two sentences you have written this year Webbo.

We've wasted 18 months whether NP comes back or not.

Spot on - I feel desperately disappointed and embarrassed that our club is essentially having to go backwards to go forwards again following 18 months of huge expenditure.

The one thing we had to do following the play-off season was to keep Nigel Pearson and his managerial team, and we failed.

The whole thing is absolutely crazy and infuriating in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669