Match Thread Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply cannot see the logic of the team he has selected. He must have watched Chelsea of late. He must know how quickly they move the ball and how they swallow up midfield. I simply cannot fathom what the plan was.
The biggest indictment. I can’t tell what the plan is

Ndidi, Lookman and Albrighton at least getting stuck in.
Iheanacho, Maddison on for Amartey and Soumare for me. Put Maddison about 6inches goalside of jorginho at all times.

So if we are going on the usual:

man improved, but still labored performance where we have a lot of the ball but the opposition know we can’t hurt them. Perhaps we nick a late goal.

Or, is this the game that’s been coming for a while: a proper shagging.

We have a team with zero confidence and the manager is helping them by overcomplicating everything we do.

This is rank bad management, make no mistake.

A manager with less ego would be simplifying everything. Pick an easy system and keep with it.

His stubborn attitude won't let him.

It's gone past the players being shit now.
It’s gone way past that. When whatever 11 is put out continue to put in performances like this, it can only be a reflection of the management. I can’t tell if Lookman is supposed to be playing on the right wing or up front and I don’t think he’s sure either.

And Rodgers arrogance is definitely to our detriment. Better teams show how playing out from the back can be effective. But we don’t have the players who are good enough to do this. There has been more than enough proof of this (such as Schmeichel and Evans ****ing around today which ended up in the corner that they scored from), but still he insists on us playing that way. He refuses to put players on the post at corners. Presumably that’s cos he wants two extra players to deal with the cross, which we never ****ing do. But will he try something different, of course not.

Why can't our subs have that sort of effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566