Match Thread Leicester v Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youri has won more duels (7) and has had more successful take ons (4) than any other midfielder on the pitch.

Just need to up the tempo really. Faster through the pitch, and more vertical.

You beat Leeds by getting them out of shape, and we aren’t moving the ball quickly enough.

I’m sure that’s the message too.

I mean, he’s our 4th possibly 5th choice RB. He’s trying to plug into a position he rarely plays. I’m not going to be too hard on him.
It’s a fair point. These mostly second choice defenders playing in different combinations of players week after week is clearly a factor on our lack of confidence and composure at the back

Just need to up the tempo really. Faster through the pitch, and more vertical.

You beat Leeds by getting them out of shape, and we aren’t moving the ball quickly enough.

I’m sure that’s the message too.
Spot on

Lookman could help with the directness but he’d be on the right, and we know how well that goes

Youri has won more duels (7) and has had more successful take ons (4) than any other midfielder on the pitch.
Yeah, I'm struggling to see all the criticism of him justified today. I think he's been mostly effective and he's tried hard to get us moving. Not his best performance but absolutely not his worst.

Good spot. The kind of stats you can miss. Still, would like to see more from him creatively

I mean, he’s our 4th possibly 5th choice RB. He’s trying to plug into a position he rarely plays. I’m not going to be too hard on him.
Yeah. He's been pretty shite but he's not a RB. He'd have been much better at CB with Amartey at RB if Rodgers was insistent on this system. It is ****ing unfathomable why he chose to play Choudhury at RB.

He doesn't get a hammering from me as he's tried his best but he's just not up to it, especially there.

People notice big mistakes more than the little things players get right.
Ndidi got some stick against Burnley, but statistically he was the best player on the pitch, in terms of duels, tackles, interceptions, passing etc.
I call this 'The Maddison Effect'.

We’re being kept off the ball as if we were playing against a top side. It’s dismal at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566