Pre Match Leicester v Wolves 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Starting the season against Wolves isn't exactly exciting. Our last four matches against them have finished 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0. The only goal was a Vardy penalty.

However, Wolves have ditched the bore that used to manage them and the new man is introducing a higher line, more pressing, etc. So we can hope that they won't be that Wolves any more. They have their main striker back and also have Trincao who we were strongly linked with so it will be interesting to see if he plays.

You'd expect us to start with the same side as against Man City. I'd prefer Iheanacho to Vardy but no way would BR do that. The toughest decision will be who to leave out of the squad altogether with PL going down to 7 subs from 9.

From our first four matches of the last two seasons under BR. we've picked up 8 or 9 points. So we've got off to strong starts. It's vital we do the same this time to get ourselves well established at the top end.

Safe to assume Big Dan gets the nod again.

The biggest question marks are over Praet, who it appears has lost his role to Dewsbury-Hall and Choudhury.

We will still be missing 5 proper footballers here, including what many would pick as our strongest back 4.

Wolves will struggle this season they got by playing defensive football with a coach that drilled them well, he's now gone and they don't have enough quality players to play attacking expansive football.

0-0 it is then.

I doubt we will stray too far from the blueprint laid out for the Charity Shield although personally i would play Albrighton on the right rather than Perez.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand
Ndidi
Tielemans Maddison
Albrighton Vardy Barnes

Having Soumare, Daka, Iheanacho on the bench means we have a distinct plan B now where we can blitz the opposition with a bit of pace and power as the game progresses as we saw in the community shield.

hoping for a good start to the season!

I doubt we will stray too far from the blueprint laid out for the Charity Shield although personally i would play Albrighton on the right rather than Perez.
Pfft, you're only saying that because Perez has been complete dogshit.

Perez will still play. Despite being horseshit.

I can understand why Albrighton doesn't start. Perez is, in theory, more capable of the type of play we want in attack. He just doesn't do it very often.

Albrighton is a good bench option for something different but isn't what Brendan wants in his starting XI.

Lets face it, neither are the answer. But I can't see us getting a winger in now.

I am really looking forward to this. I wasn't able to go to Wembley on either occasion and although I went to the Spurs game, the social distancing measures, mask wearing and confiscation of my sandwiches (not to mention the actual result) made it feel 'unnatural'.

I'm hoping we're quick out of the blocks. It looks like Amartey will start and I'm expecting the defence to be good enough to cope with Wolves.

I do worry that we've looked a bit suspect at times in pre-season from corners and set pieces - although that looked much improved against Man City.

Perez is going to start. He's so frustrating because there's obviously a decent player in there - he gets in the positions, but it never leads to anything. Then again, how many of us would have written off Nacho at this point last season!

I am really looking forward to this. I wasn't able to go to Wembley on either occasion and although I went to the Spurs game, the social distancing measures, mask wearing and confiscation of my sandwiches (not to mention the actual result) made it feel 'unnatural'.
The what sorry?!

You'd expect us to start with the same side as against Man City. I'd prefer Iheanacho to Vardy but no way would BR do that. The toughest decision will be who to leave out of the squad altogether with PL going down to 7 subs from 9.

Right:

Kasper

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Amartey
Bertrand

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Perez

subs:
Ward, Thomas, Daka, Soumare, Castagne, Dewsbury-Hall, Nacho, Albrighton, Praet

missing:
Choudhury, Sowah, Benkovic, Ghezzal

injured:
Justin, Evans, Fofana, Mendy

The what sorry?!
FF, I cannot tell you of the trauma.

I expected that the kiosks wouldn't be open, so in preparation I went down to the recently opened deli in the village. Got a lovely fresh loaf of artisan bread, some corn fed chicken and fresh salad. Probably the most expensive sandwich I've ever made - must have been in for nearly a fiver a sandwich.

Wrapped them up nicely in foil and had them in a backpack with a couple of bottles of coke.

On the way to the ground it was absolutely blasting it down with rain. When we got to the turnstile and they checked the bag, I was told that I wasn't allowed to take the sandwiches or drinks in. As it was pissing it down, I couldn't stand there and eat them in the rain. Apparently this was covid protocols.

Then when I got in the ground, they had free brownies and waters - so I could eat in the ground, just I wasn't allowed to eat my delicious sandwiches.

I was starving throughout the game (despite eating my brownie).

Right:

Kasper

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Amartey
Bertrand

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Perez

subs:
Ward, Thomas, Daka, Soumare, Castagne, Dewsbury-Hall, Nacho, Albrighton, Praet

missing:
Choudhury, Sowah, Benkovic, Ghezzal

injured:
Justin, Evans, Fofana, Mendy

Who's playing on the left then? Not sure we can play 11 down the right to be fair.

P. S. I'd go for the same team entirely, although I didn't know Castagne and Praet were available yet.

I'm hoping we're quick out of the blocks. It looks like Amartey will start and I'm expecting the defence to be good enough to cope with Wolves.

I do worry that we've looked a bit suspect at times in pre-season from corners and set pieces - although that looked much improved against Man City.

Perez is going to start. He's so frustrating because there's obviously a decent player in there - he gets in the positions, but it never leads to anything. Then again, how many of us would have written off Nacho at this point last season!

The geezer on the turnstile clearly ate your sandwiches.
No question.

Perez is our new Ormondroyd by the way. VERY hard to understand why he gets picked on the wing, but somehow we seem to win more often when he starts in the team than when he doesn't.

FF, I cannot tell you of the trauma.

I expected that the kiosks wouldn't be open, so in preparation I went down to the recently opened deli in the village. Got a lovely fresh loaf of artisan bread, some corn fed chicken and fresh salad. Probably the most expensive sandwich I've ever made - must have been in for nearly a fiver a sandwich.

Wrapped them up nicely in foil and had them in a backpack with a couple of bottles of coke.

On the way to the ground it was absolutely blasting it down with rain. When we got to the turnstile and they checked the bag, I was told that I wasn't allowed to take the sandwiches or drinks in. As it was pissing it down, I couldn't stand there and eat them in the rain. Apparently this was covid protocols.

Then when I got in the ground, they had free brownies and waters - so I could eat in the ground, just I wasn't allowed to eat my delicious sandwiches.

I was starving throughout the game (despite eating my brownie).

That ain't right, sir. That ain't right at all

Perez is our new Ormondroyd by the way. VERY hard to understand why he gets picked on the wing, but somehow we seem to win more often when he starts in the team than when he doesn't.
Because it means we can bring on Albrighton later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566