Pre Match Leicester v Wolves 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
FF, I cannot tell you of the trauma.

I expected that the kiosks wouldn't be open, so in preparation I went down to the recently opened deli in the village. Got a lovely fresh loaf of artisan bread, some corn fed chicken and fresh salad. Probably the most expensive sandwich I've ever made - must have been in for nearly a fiver a sandwich.

Wrapped them up nicely in foil and had them in a backpack with a couple of bottles of coke.

On the way to the ground it was absolutely blasting it down with rain. When we got to the turnstile and they checked the bag, I was told that I wasn't allowed to take the sandwiches or drinks in. As it was pissing it down, I couldn't stand there and eat them in the rain. Apparently this was covid protocols.

Then when I got in the ground, they had free brownies and waters - so I could eat in the ground, just I wasn't allowed to eat my delicious sandwiches.

I was starving throughout the game (despite eating my brownie).

I definitely would've just eaten the sandwich outside before going in to be fair.

Perez is our new Ormondroyd by the way. VERY hard to understand why he gets picked on the wing, but somehow we seem to win more often when he starts in the team than when he doesn't.

Starting to feel the same way about him. He is massively disappointing as an individual player, but it does feel like generally fits the system.

FF, I cannot tell you of the trauma.

I expected that the kiosks wouldn't be open, so in preparation I went down to the recently opened deli in the village. Got a lovely fresh loaf of artisan bread, some corn fed chicken and fresh salad. Probably the most expensive sandwich I've ever made - must have been in for nearly a fiver a sandwich.

Wrapped them up nicely in foil and had them in a backpack with a couple of bottles of coke.

On the way to the ground it was absolutely blasting it down with rain. When we got to the turnstile and they checked the bag, I was told that I wasn't allowed to take the sandwiches or drinks in. As it was pissing it down, I couldn't stand there and eat them in the rain. Apparently this was covid protocols.

Then when I got in the ground, they had free brownies and waters - so I could eat in the ground, just I wasn't allowed to eat my delicious sandwiches.

I was starving throughout the game (despite eating my brownie).
I bet you had a right cob on?

Starting to feel the same way about him. He is massively disappointing as an individual player, but it does feel like generally fits the system.
I am possibly going quite mad and I know it's only pre-season but Perez looked good against Villarreal and Man City.

This might be the old mirage in the desert scenario though, perhaps I'm so desperate the entire thing was imagined.

I am possibly going quite mad and I know it's only pre-season but Perez looked good against Villarreal and Man City.

This might be the old mirage in the desert scenario though, perhaps I'm so desperate the entire thing was imagined.

He put in a cross against Man City that made me howl it was so wasteful.

He put in a cross against Man City that made me howl it was so wasteful.
He's still the player I worry about the most in terms of giving the ball away or doing something daft. I think he should put on a stone in weight, he seems to get barged off the ball so easily.

He did. You're not going mad. He's become the pantomime villain. It'll go away again in a few weeks and someone new will be getting it. My money is on Daka or Maddison. He was one of our best players against Villareal and did a pretty good job in the CS as well.

He's under the microscope at the moment with a lot of our fans because he has had more poor games than others to be fair but the amplification of every small error is tenfold because of that. Whatever he does that is decent flies well below the radar. He's absolutely fine as a squad player and offers more than many would like to believe.

I have no problem with him as a squad player. Unfortunately he is a 1st team player, and that is a problem.

I have no problem with him as a squad player. Unfortunately he is a 1st team player, and that is a problem.
This is exactly it. We need squad players who can come in and so a job when needed. The issue isn't Perez, it's a lack of better first team option at the moment.

Last season would have tailed off even worse without players like Mendy, Perez, Praet and even Choudhury there to step in when needed. We don't want to keep them all, but if we just get rid and don't replace the number of bodies, we'll be worse off if we get any injuries.

Players who can do a job in a pinch and are happy to sit on the bench are rare.

Perez will still play. Despite being horseshit.

I can understand why Albrighton doesn't start. Perez is, in theory, more capable of the type of play we want in attack. He just doesn't do it very often.

Albrighton is a good bench option for something different but isn't what Brendan wants in his starting XI.

Lets face it, neither are the answer. But I can't see us getting a winger in now.
Either Perez has it in his contract that he plays a certain amount of games a season or BR is nailing his missus it is the only logical inference to take.

Either Perez has it in his contract that he plays a certain amount of games a season or BR is nailing his missus it is the only logical inference to take.
For Christ's sake, it's 2021.

BR and Perez could be nailing one another.

(well that or, as others have said and I agree with, the rest of the team just plays better with him there than anyone else taking that position)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669