Pre Match Leicester v Wolves 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynamic.
Completly different from the previous 6 games.

3-0.
Dynamic.

dynamic.jpg

The last Leicester team to lose at home to Wolves:

Logan, Stearman (Kenton 46), McAuley, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Newton, Hughes, Wesolowski, Tiatto (Porter 80), Hume, Fryatt (Cadamarteri 81).

Logan, Stearman (Kenton 46), McAuley, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Newton, Hughes, Wesolowski, Tiatto (Porter 80), Hume, Fryatt (Cadamarteri 81).
I liked Matty Fryatt.

Phwoar

Look at the pace and quality in that team.

Would be interesting if Brendan started as expected:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez Maddison Barnes
Vardy

And if/when we go ahead, switches out Perez, Barnes and Vardy over the last 30 mins to change it to.

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Vestergaard
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Bertrand
Maddison
Daka Iheanacho

completely changes the shape of the side, shoring up set pieces and allowing us to play on the break with pace through the game

that's before we even get to what KDH, Soumare, Castagne and Albrighton might add

Excuse the sentimentality.

I went to the Spurs game in May but it was shit. Everything about it was horrible really, except getting to clap Fuchs and Morgan with the FA Cup. If you missed it, you didn't miss much.

Aside from that, I haven't been to a football match since 9th March 2020. I haven't been in a proper crowd for longer than at any time since I first went to a game 43 years ago.

In the intervening time, I've been mostly stuck at home. I've watched hundreds of football matches, far too many really, but none of them have done much for me. The FA Cup final aside, watching TV football has been wholly unsatisfactory. From pressing buttons to try to remove the fake crowd noise through to developing a habit of falling asleep when I watch almost any game. It's just a second rate experience.

Whilst I've been dozing and hiding away, lots of people have been suffering. There will be at least a couple of hundred people (probably more) I shared that 9th March 2020 experience with that will never see a match again. We've lost a lot of people over the last 18 months, and not just to Covid. Add to those the supporters that have moved away, aged or fallen out of love with it all. There will be a lot of missing faces this afternoon.

I'm very lucky. I was there before and I'll be there again today. In my old seat and hopefully seeing some familiar faces. Today, football will feel normal again for the first time and I'll be making a lot of noise. I'll be berating the referee (it's Pawson after all), our opponents, and maybe even some of our own players. I'll be signing songs that I hope I remember the words to. I hope to be hoarse by five a clock. To be completely honest, the result is secondary to the experience.

But I'll also be quiet for a moment to pay my own respects to those that aren't so fortunate. Those that won't be able to boo or cheer ever again. If this interminable period of time has taught me one thing, it's that I will never, ever, take it all for granted again. Up the City.

I'm happy for all those who go to games regularly that 3pm Saturday kick offs are back and you can all get back the ground.

A bunch of games on a 3pm Saturday just feels right!

But, as an armchair fan, I will miss being able to watch every game live on TV!

Just rewatching the end of the Cup Final to get in the mood for football being back.
What a goal that was from Youri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569