Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say The Simpsons, The Kids From Fame, Dallas and Moonlighting were the only programmes I've enjoyed watching from the USA.

Never, ever seen an episode of Friends.

I'd say The Simpsons, The Kids From Fame, Dallas and Moonlighting were the only programmes I've enjoyed watching from the USA.

Never, ever seen an episode of Friends.
I preferred "Fame" TBH.

Lost is good if you've kept watching it all the way through, but its frustrating if you've missed something. But the best american TV series is the office. :)

The techniques used on Lost are quite innovative and the writing is really often very clever. The topics covered are all really interesting but also varied, due to the ensemble cast it allowes a wide range of issues to be dealt with within different character's backstories. Having a flashback story in each episode alongside the events on the island also creates a lot of interest. IMO it can only be enjoyed if watched from the start of the first series, it won't win any new viewers now in it's fourth series. However, my humble opinion is that anyone who invests a bit of time to get into it from the start will be greatly rewarded by the clever writing and intricate storylines it involves.

I'm gutted that 1) the remaining seasons have been cut to only having 16 episodes in and 2) this season has been further cut down to 13 episodes due the writers' strike :(

Favourite American TV series ever for me are Twin Peaks, The Wire, Futurama, The Sopranos, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, South Park and Seinfeld

Could never get into Lost or Heroes tbh. And Friends is just plain awful.

Last edited:
Favourite American TV series ever for me are Twin Peaks, The Wire, Futurama, The Sopranos, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, South Park and Seinfeld

Could never get into Lost or Heroes tbh. And Friends is just plain awful.
Over the years for me it's been:

Friends, Earl, Cheers, Heroes, South Park.

Probably one or two more, but in general they're shite.

Anyone looking forward to the new season of lost apart from me..........................................

anyone................................

no.....................................

mods please close the thread

Yes!! I am.

under 2 weeks to go now!! :icon_bigg

Cant wait. Last season got better and better IMO.

I can see why it has lost it's appeal to a lot of people, most of it only really makes sense if you have watched it from the very beginning.

Cant wait. Last season got better and better IMO.

I can see why it has lost it's appeal to a lot of people, most of it only really makes sense if you have watched it from the very beginning.

yeah i think u needed to watch it from the start and have the patience to get through the 3rd series which started off as a bit of a mess imo. got better towards the end and series 4 was fantastic. surprised they've not repeated series 4 in the run up to the new series.

yeah i think u needed to watch it from the start and have the patience to get through the 3rd series which started off as a bit of a mess imo. got better towards the end and series 4 was fantastic. surprised they've not repeated series 4 in the run up to the new series.

it's been on sky1 weekdays at 2pm. was episode 7 today i think.

as has been said, it's getting to the point now where unless you've seen it all then it's completely bewildering. But if you've stuck with it as a viewer you're being rewarded now, it really is a work of genius.

it's been on sky1 weekdays at 2pm. was episode 7 today i think.

as has been said, it's getting to the point now where unless you've seen it all then it's completely bewildering. But if you've stuck with it as a viewer you're being rewarded now, it really is a work of genius.

thanks for that, will make sure I pick up the last few eps again before season 5 starts as I can't remember what on earth was happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669