Mackay and Fuccillo sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he has been involved in something serious. Hopefully the truth will come out as I must say that I am very shocked that Don has been sacked after only being with us for such a short period of time.

or are they playing thing safe after say a tip off the two are in some way involved in this bung thing ,as MM for whatever reason mite thought they mite look at him i dont know but it is a bit odd

agreed :icon_wink

I might be wrong, but isn't it against the law to employ new staff in the same positions as the ones you have made redundant within a certain amount of time; so it means we wont get a scout or director of sport :102::
Don Mackay and Lil Fuccillo's roles will be made redundant

I might be wrong, but isn't it against the law to employ new staff in the same positions as the ones you have made redundant within a certain amount of time; so it means we wont get a scout or director of sport :102::

you just alter the wording on the position

It's not illegal as such, but it makes any redundancy payments taxable if you fill them in 6 months. But you can "bump" jobs to create the ultimate unfiled vacancy elsewhere

It happens all the time when firms do a "downsizing"

They have probably already draw up an agreement so I don't think there will be anything to worry about in terms of the legality of the situation.

I'm sure that MA has appointed someone to look after scouting in London. It was a guy he's worked with before but can't remember his name. I suppose the guy can look after the South aswell so bye bye Lil.

The Don Mackay one suggests that he hasn't delivered results or doesn't get on with MA or Mr Mandaric

Does "The Aviary" mean anything to anybody? :102:

Curious..........One month in your job and booted out

Mackay was hailed on his appointment as the man with very good contacts on the Continent as well as a talent spotter.

If someone is fired, then there are no legal issues with filling the role. There are certainly some legal issues with filling roles after redundancy. The term doesn't just relate to the employee, but the role as well.

Even naming it slightly differently isn't cast iron, cus if it can be proved the actual job is the same even tho the title isn't, there are definitely legal issues the employer can face.

Last edited:
Curious..........One month in your job and booted out

Mackay was hailed on his appointment as the man with very good contacts on the Continent as well as a talent spotter.

And not just any job - it was a job that wasn't in existence at Leicester before he was appointed.

There is a smelly rat somewhere IMO.

Redundancy means that the post itself is no longer required. This can be as a result of a change within the internal structure, a need to downsize or simply that the post is no longer required for whatever reason. Often there are areas within that role that are still required that may be assigned to existing members of staff. It does NOT relate to the person filling that role. Indeed, the person is often offered an alternative post within the company in order to minimise redundancy payments. A similar job could be made available if necessary, but this generally wouldn't be the case as the ROLE is no longer required.

(Guess who's being made redundant next month!)

And not just any job - it was a job that wasn't in existence at Leicester before he was appointed.

There is a smelly rat somewhere IMO.

there's a really humming rat just around the corner from here up by the allotments......

maybe someone better came along and said "you gave that arse a job, i would have taken that" and we said "maybe you can"

I think it's more likely to be down to Milan rather than anything they have or have not done. Milan has a history of chopping the axe quickly if he is not happy with things and can be very ruthless. It does seem odd that they, Mackay in particular, have been sacked but I'm not surprised. I think we will have to start getting used to this kind of goings on down at City. Just wait till MA has a poor run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669