Mackay and Fuccillo sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - looks almost certain that those axed have been held responsible for us bringing in players not deemed to be fit for purpose.

This will be no surprise to those of us who have been profoundly cynical about some of the signings made to date.

Dear oh dear!

"looks certain" - what are you basing that on?! Unless you've got some in side info then its pure speculation!

Why do i get the impression you've been waiting to make the 'no surprise' comment? guess it either now or the first game of the season right?

****ing hell its a bit ott for sacking someone because there recommendations didn't look any good in a pre-season game!

But, as I predicted earlier, it does give the likes of Redditch the chance to don their "I told you so hat" and prance around

The Jobs that MacKay has had testify to his knowledge and abilty to pick a player IMO. while he will inevitably pick the odd duff player, i doubt that he would be sacked so soon on that basis.

Something more serious has happened. The club didn't thank them for their services in the official statement, which i would have expected if it was legitimate redundancies.

Re: Mackay and uccillo sacked

....Maybe there's another more sinister reason for them both being sacked. If the reports of lots of agents being at the club today is true, maybe there's been some kind of internal bung enquiry. Just speculaion of course, I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything naughty :icon_roll

The above plus, Brown Nose's comments on p5 about the signings of Neilson & Hellings may combine to explain things. If those two players have looked poor not only in a couple of preseason games but everyday in training when MA watches them closely, then MA is going to be furious - let alone MM! But above all, McKay was the prime mover in trying to get that dud of a player the ex 'Boro player Job (due to McKay's connections - he knows Jobs' agent very well from Boro' days). I was appalled at the move for Job - and not a little suspicious when it was pointed out that McKay was very friendly with the agent. However, it is NOT a crime to know an agent and have had dealings with them before. But MM & MA may have become increasingly concerned at the quality of the players referred & recommended to them from McKay - including ones in the last couple of weeks we don't know about. I think there may be a smoking gun behind the Job move more than anything.
One thing is for sure: You would not be SACKED/REDUNDANT after virtually a couple of days when you've literally just appointed them. He has definately done something bad almost by definition in view of the clubs treatment of him. Sometimes if the role suddenly starts to seem a little unnecessary, the employer would give it at least 6 months from when you were appointed. McKays had nearer 6 days!!!

"looks certain" - what are you basing that on?! Unless you've got some in side info then its pure speculation!

Why do i get the impression you've been waiting to make the 'no surprise' comment? guess it either now or the first game of the season right?

Well......the two blokes sacked were brought in to recommend new players and the stuff trailed around McKay included his knowledge of foreign player.

Next.....some foreign players are signed.

I am assuming I think rationally that some of these at least were their recommendations.

I would have thought that Milan's history suggests that he is not the most patient of bosses....so, yes, I am drawing some probable conclusions.

On the subject of " no surprise": I will not be surprised if a number of the new signings prove to be no better than those who have left/ we are trying to shift. In football like most things you get what you pay for (if you are lucky). However, we are now gathering a nucleus of decent players: Clemence, DJ, Kish, N'Gotty (if still able to run/ walk quickly), Hume, McCauley and potentially Weso/ Stearman. I don't include Fryatt cos I think he will move on nor Mattock cos too early to say.

So I am expecting that things should significantly improve...... and credit to Milan for turning the playing staff upside down.

Well......the two blokes sacked were brought in to recommend new players and the stuff trailed around McKay included his knowledge of foreign player.

Next.....some foreign players are signed.

I am assuming I think rationally that some of these at least were their recommendations.

I would have thought that Milan's history suggests that he is not the most patient of bosses....so, yes, I am drawing some probable conclusions.

On the subject of " no surprise": I will not be surprised if a number of the new signings prove to be no better than those who have left/ we are trying to shift. In football like most things you get what you pay for (if you are lucky). However, we are now gathering a nucleus of decent players: Clemence, DJ, Kish, N'Gotty (if still able to run/ walk quickly), Hume, McCauley and potentially Weso/ Stearman. I don't include Fryatt cos I think he will move on nor Mattock cos too early to say.

So I am expecting that things should significantly improve...... and credit to Milan for turning the playing staff upside down.

plus Kisnorbo of course

The signing of DJ has certainly been used to swiftly shunt this story out of the way, my latest email from the club doesn't mention it at all. I also noticed that Fuccillo and Mackay were not thanked for their efforts in the statement - isn't this a fairly standard form of wording regarding people who move on or are relieved of their posts for any reason other than actual misconduct?

Yep - looks almost certain that those axed have been held responsible for us bringing in players not deemed to be fit for purpose.

This will be no surprise to those of us who have been profoundly cynical about some of the signings made to date.

Dear oh dear!

According to my sources, MM uses his own agent to source players, a Hungarian chappy, plus he uses the services of Barry Silkman a lot. It could be that Mackay really didn't have a job to do. Does make you wonder why he was taken on in the first place 'tho. With Fuccilo it's my guess MA just prefers using his own people to scout for him.

According to my sources, MM uses his own agent to source players, a Hungarian chappy, plus he uses the services of Barry Silkman a lot. It could be that Mackay really didn't have a job to do. Does make you wonder why he was taken on in the first place 'tho. With Fuccilo it's my guess MA just prefers using his own people to scout for him.

Yes, I seem to recall that Silkman hinted at that recently in an interview.

I just find it incredible that Mackay should have been so recently appointed if there was no job role. That sort of thing does happen of course but it would be interesting to find out what the background was. Perhaps Milan decided once Mackay started that he (Mackay) was past it? As you say the Fuccillo exit is much more easy to fathom.

It could simply mean that MM has now worked with MA for a couple of months and believes that the two of them work so well together and have a clear understanding of roles/responsibilities, that there is no need for anyone else who is senior on the footballing side.

MM probably didn't know this at the beginning of June when Mackay was appointed, but does now. The fact that MM is happy to back MA's judgement to the tune of up to £2.1m on a fairly unproven player, seems to be testament to the respect MM has for MA. MA seems to really enjoy working with MM - MA was recently quoted saying that they could easily have stayed up all night at times talking football with MM.

Maybe there is nothing dodgy at all and they have simply decided that they don't need anyone else?

It could simply mean that MM has now worked with MA for a couple of months and believes that the two of them work so well together and have a clear understanding of roles/responsibilities, that there is no need for anyone else who is senior on the footballing side.

MM probably didn't know this at the beginning of June when Mackay was appointed, but does now. The fact that MM is happy to back MA's judgement to the tune of up to £2.1m on a fairly unproven player, seems to be testament to the respect MM has for MA. MA seems to really enjoy working with MM - MA was recently quoted saying that they could easily have stayed up all night at times talking football with MM.

Maybe there is nothing dodgy at all and they have simply decided that they don't need anyone else?

like the sound of that :)

A wild guess at the reason behind the sackings....

MM states he needs to re-structure club and goes about it by employing a scout with a good reputation and track record (McKay).

MA targets players like DJC and has his own ideas on who he wants. The scouts recommendations fall on deaf ears.

MM then decides that MA is taking the 'p' & says 'If you're not going to use these scouts effectively then why am I wasting my money trying to help you?' MA says 'Don't know, why are you wasting your money?' MM then acts upon this.... 'Do it yourself then!'

This is obviously the reason behind it all.

Oh & by the way, 2 + 2 = 5!

I can now reveal that the sackings were due to an unfortunate and unpleasant incident involving two chinchillas, a jar of sun-ripened tomatoes and a kagool....

I can now reveal that the sackings were due to an unfortunate and unpleasant incident involving two chinchillas, a jar of sun-ripened tomatoes and a kagool....

just as i suspected, who told you this?

Stop starting unfounded rumours. The tomatos were not sun-ripened, they were greenhouse raised in a grow bag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670