Mandaric urges the fans to Have faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to ask MM that - although supposedly he isn't looking to sell at the moment ( takes large pinch of salt at this point ). If he's here in a year's time I would be a little surprised.

Me too , give or take a few extra months beyond the year, I guess that the whole things has been a nightmare for him - his main hope is to achieve promotion and hope a buyer turns up.

Me too , give or take a few extra months beyond the year, I guess that the whole things has been a nightmare for him - his main hope is to achieve promotion and hope a buyer turns up.

Why are you so sure this is going to happen? In the interview he sounds positive for the first time in months. It doesn't sound to me that he is ready to jump ship.

Why are you so sure this is going to happen? In the interview he sounds positive for the first time in months. It doesn't sound to me that he is ready to jump ship.

No evidence - just see it happening.

My best guess would be that it's in everyone's interests not least his own for him to stay positive, but I think you have to take account of his age and the massive disapointment that this venture has been for him..and then ask yourself what would be a likely strategy.

It's most unlikely he could find any sort of buyer who would pay anything significant for the club now - but if potential buyers thought we had started a bit of a roll starting with promotion then it could be different.

No evidence - just see it happening.

My best guess would be that it's in everyone's interests not least his own for him to stay positive, but I think you have to take account of his age and the massive disapointment that this venture has been for him..and then ask yourself what would be a likely strategy.

It's most unlikely he could find any sort of buyer who would pay anything significant for the club now - but if potential buyers thought we had started a bit of a roll starting with promotion then it could be different.

Mandaric is unlikely to say 'fcuk it all, this club is a disaster that I cannot fathom. I want my money back, pronto, as the club is cursed. Cursed I tell thee.'

He needs the club at least back in the championship to gain interest for a sale. The selling point of the championship club is in there being a £60m (As SKY put it) pot of gold at the end of the season available. All of a sudden, championship clubs with a chance of promotion are a seen as a good return on investment. Which is basically why he bought us in the first place.

Right now, that return is fecked, but with a great chance of a return to the championship in a year's time. He needs this time to ensure we do appoint the right manager/keep the right incumbent, as if we are not in with a chance of going up as the season progresses, it is going to get very messy...

Last edited:
People are still grieving, alex, for the loss of our club

There are (supposedly) five stages of grief; Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance

Most people are still in Anger

I am in Anger for sure.........

Look, MM is a businessman, he's coming out with the typical nonsense he needs to spin in order of shifting bums on seats for the oncoming season. That's all that's in it.....surely we all know this?

I think the sooner we let go of what has happened and start moving forward, the better. At least what the media-loving lunatic who runs our beloved club has said this time is of a positive spin...however capitalist.

Not quite he's not.

No, you're right, if he came out and said that all ST prices were at a 50% discount and we were keeping our best players and adding to the squad with the likes of Ronaldinho, with IH sacked for Sven then we would probably shift a couple more.

No, you're right, if he came out and said that all ST prices were at a 50% discount and we were keeping our best players and adding to the squad with the likes of Ronaldinho, with IH sacked for Sven then we would probably shift a couple more.
For me he needs to say;

"Leicester City and Ian Holloway have today departed company, his performances and results were unnaceptable and I made a mistake in not letting him go in March. I thought in March it would cost me too much money to sack him, I now realise that was a false economy.

The new Manager will appointed as soon as possible so he can valuate the current squad, and between us we can look at a realistic transfer budget.

I urge you all to renew your Season Tickets as soon as possible so I can accurately predict the money I will need to invest personally to move this club forward at an alarming rate. I more or less know how much it will cost, but I need to know how much of that is my own personal money compared to the hard earned money you fans will contrubute so I can begin to to free it up and make it liquid"

If he said that, alex, I'd probabaly renew tomorrow.

.......may I ask then if you will be renewing anyways? And if not and IH stays and we start by winning 3 on the bounce, will you be going to all home matches anyway?

.......may I ask then if you will be renewing anyways? And if not and IH stays and we start by winning 3 on the bounce, will you be going to all home matches anyway?
Totally undecided.

Everyday, and at least once a day I have my 5 tickets placed in my basket, and each time something stops me from hitting submit.

TBH, I don't think there is answer, I just think something inside me has gone (not physically of course).

I think the sooner we let go of what has happened and start moving forward, the better. At least what the media-loving lunatic who runs our beloved club has said this time is of a positive spin...however capitalist.

Not possible to move forward at this time because the club is in limbo.

We have a manager still in post who appeals to the naive - but doesn't fool the sceptics, cynics and realists so there is division on this issue and Mandaric has to sort it out before we can move forward.

We are also in limbo because doubt has been created about who will be chairman.

What Mandaric is effectively saying is that you poor s-ds don't know what I'm going to do - but whatever I decide will be for the best - so irrespective get your debit and credit cards out and do the decent thing by me.

If you regard supporters and particularly ST holders as stakeholders then this is all a bit rich.

For me he needs to say;

"Leicester City and Ian Holloway have today departed company, his performances and results were unnaceptable and I made a mistake in not letting him go in March. I thought in March it would cost me too much money to sack him, I now realise that was a false economy.
Milan can always rely on Uncle Melton for his sound bites :icon_wink

Ahhh, so you're still not 100% on purchasing? Go on Melts, hit submit....Or will you wait to see who the new appointment is?
I don't care who the new Manager is, I'm relying on gut feeling, and my gut feeling about this club at the minute is shit.

However, I now see happier times ahead so my gut feeling may well be overridden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669