Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mills back in the squad for Reading after that shocker tonight.

That would make Pearson look like a bit of a bellend.

I have no idea how much they are on Matt, but they're almost certainly on big money for this level and they absolutely haven't been worth it on their performances throughout the season.

Both Beckford and Danns have turned up in about 5 games each this season. The vast majority of the games they've played in they've ranged from mediocre to dreadful. They've certainly looked nowhere near good enough over the entire season.

Why people think these players are suddenly good enough after 1 or 2 games is the problem. It's consistency which all these player lack and it's that what makes them not good enough. The Championship is full of players and teams who are good enough "on their day".

Kasper and Nugent are the only 2 players who have genuinely been good enough this season imo. I can't think of another player I would describe as anything better than inconsistent or worse.

Oh come on, Beckford has been a completely different player since Christmas. His partnership with Nugent is bearing a lot of fruit and to split that up in the summer, is a laughable notion to put forward.

Danns is a very similar example.

Oh come on, Beckford has been a completely different player since Christmas. His partnership with Nugent is bearing a lot of fruit and to split that up in the summer, is a laughable notion to put forward.

Danns is a very similar example.

Beckford scored a load of goals in the cup against dreadful, dreadful teams and played really well against Boro but what has he actually done besides that? He only seems to turn up against crap sides. Never seems to show it against sides of any quality, bar one game this entire season.

Danns has improved recently, but he's hardly been amazing, has he? He's looked a decent Championship midfielder, who has had a few good games, but again doesn't turn up often enough.

Last edited:
Beckford scored a load of goals in the cup against dreadful, dreadful teams and played really well against Boro but what has he actually done besides that? He only seems to turn up against crap sides. Never seems to show it against sides of any quality, bar one game this entire season.

Danns has improved recently, but he's hardly been amazing, has he? He's looked a decent Championship midfielder, who has had a few good games, but again doesn't turn up often enough.

you are really the most frustrating poster on this forum

Forest are crap but they are not a 'dreadful dreadful team' as you suggest. He scored against Boro, his link up play with Nugent has been excellent and their partnership is definitely working. He's created space and goalscoring opportunities for Nugent with his clever runs which draw away defenders, most notably the winner against Norwich.

I don't know what you've got against him but you certainly have got it in for him.

you are really the most frustrating poster on this forum

Forest are crap but they are not a 'dreadful dreadful team' as you suggest. He scored against Boro, his link up play with Nugent has been excellent and their partnership is definitely working. He's created space and goalscoring opportunities for Nugent with his clever runs which draw away defenders, most notably the winner against Norwich.

I don't know what you've got against him but you certainly have got it in for him.

Forest were at that time with all their injuries and the fact they were on something like a 10 game run without scoring or winning a dreadful, dreadful side and one of the worst sides I have seen down at Leicester in years.

You're right, he was fantastic against Boro, no doubt about that, but he doesn't produce that form nearly enough. You say he has improved since the new year, but other than that game he has scored 1 goal in our other 9 league matches since the new year - against Coventry, who also were absolutely dire in that game.

And it's not like he's an amazing creative forward when he's not scoring: his good link-up play again doesn't happen nearly enough either and it's not like he's a player who draws opponents away a la Heskey either. So, what exactly is his purpose and how has he proven to be good enough when he doesn't score anywhere near enough, hasn't created enough or hasn't drawn defenders away enough?

Beckford is the most frustrating forward I can ever remember seeing for us. Every time he gets it, he either just hogs the ball and runs at the defence, regardless of whether a pass is a better option or tries a silly backheel or some other showy trick instead of keeping it simple. He gives the ball away so often and breaks up far more attacks than he creates. Yet, then he'll score or create a goal or put in a great performance once every 5 matches and everyone thinks he's amazing and will blame the other 4 matches on "lack of service" despite the fact we're scoring plenty of goals and Nugent is one of the top scorers in the division with exactly the same service and that Beckford's constantly giving the ball away, either through greediness or showing off is exactly part of the problem due to the lack of service and the amount of attacks he breaks up himself.

If you honestly think Beckford has been good enough this season and worth the money we paid for him and continue to pay him I would suggest you are watching a very, very different player to me. He just hasn't performed in anywhere near enough games.

Last edited:
Forest were at that time with all their injuries and the fact they were on something like a 10 game run without scoring or winning a dreadful, dreadful side and one of the worst sides I have seen down at Leicester in years.

You're right, he was fantastic against Boro, no doubt about that, but he doesn't produce that form nearly enough. Other than that game he has scored 1 goal in our other 9 league matches since the new year - against Coventry, who also were absolutely dire in that game.

And his good link-up play again doesn't happen nearly enough either.

Beckford is the most frustrating forward I can ever remember seeing for us. Every time he gets it, he either just hogs the ball and runs at the defence, regardless of whether a pass is a better option or tries a silly backheel or some other showy trick instead of keeping it simple. He gives the ball away so often and breaks up far more attacks than he creates. Yet, then he'll score or create a goal or put in a great performance once every 5 matches and everyone thinks he's amazing and will blame the other 4 matches on "lack of service" despite the fact we're scoring plenty of goals and Nugent is one of the top scorers in the division with exactly the same service and that Beckford's constantly giving the ball away, either through greediness or showing off is exactly part of the problem due to the lack of service and the amount of attacks he breaks up himself.

If you honestly think Beckford has been good enough this season and worth the money we paid for him and continue to pay him I would suggest you are watching a very, very different player to me. He just hasn't performed in anywhere near enough games.

If you take the season as a whole possibly not. But taking into consideration his recent form, I'd certainly say he's good enough. I'd like him to pop in a few more goals of course but his general contribution to our attacking play in the second half of this season has definitely been good enough to retain in my opinion.

If you take the season as a whole possibly not. But taking into consideration his recent form, I'd certainly say he's good enough. I'd like him to pop in a few more goals of course but his general contribution to our attacking play in the second half of this season has definitely been good enough to retain in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not a good player, he can be great on his day, but his day doesn't come often enough and I include his recent form in that and I think his performances against a League Two side and a dreadful, horribly out of form Forest side in the cup have papered over the cracks for him. In the past 8 games since the Swindon game do you think has he really turned it on in more than 1 or 2 of them? Because I think he's been missing for the good majority of those games - Brighton? Cardiff? Watford? Norwich? Derby? Bristol City? He really didn't have much of an impact at all on these games.

That isn't just Beckford though, that sums up just about everyone bar Nugent and Kasper this season - they have be good enough on their day, but their day just hasn't come often enough for them to have been good enough for a side which should be pushing for promotion.

(Remember this was in response to a post which someone listed loads of players who were said to have already proven themselves good enough this season).

Last edited:
If Matt Mills is readily applying himself in training and is clearly a better choice then Sol Bamba for the bench, then it wouldn't at all.

I replied to post that suggested Mills could be brought back in after tonights result, not one than suggested he could be brought back in because he's been working his socks off.

A retweet from Bert ...

Vamp‏@VampHXC

Matt Mills exact words... "The manager ****ing hates me, I went to ask him why I wasn't playing, he told me to **** off and headbutted me"

Retweeted by BertLcfc

:102:

A retweet from Bert ...

Vamp‏@VampHXC

Matt Mills exact words... "The manager ****ing hates me, I went to ask him why I wasn't playing, he told me to **** off and headbutted me"

Retweeted by BertLcfc

If that was correct, which I very much doubt, why didn't he go straight to the PFA, or even the plods? Sounds like a load of cobblers to me.

He'll be playing in the Kettering game according to Pearson after last night's match.

Pearson pissed in his sports bag as well, and smeared poo on the inside of his socks

I have it on VERY good authority that this definitely happened

A retweet from Bert ...

Vamp‏@VampHXC

Retweeted by BertLcfc

Hahaha! Lovely stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573