Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
One of the reasons that I am so convinced that Nigel Pearson was the wrong choice of manager is that I think that we have burned our bridges in the slow build to promotion v buying promotion debate. We are in debt to a ridiculous tune; it may have been better were we not to be - but we are. Trying to pull back now is on par with a passenger on the Titanic attempting to bail out the ship with his gazunder.

So by your own assessment we have a ridiculous debt and nothing to show for it but the way forward is to continue down that path?

Miles Away

Barring the disappointment surrounding Mills who else did Sven sign permanently that was an expensive waste?

Pantsil, I suppose? Ball?

A large slice of his signings are turning out to be good players.

Nugent, Kasper, Beckford, Bamba, Danns, Konchesky, St Ledger, and Peltier have all proven themselves to be good enough.

M17TT C

If Mills pulls his socks up and starts performing like SSL then everyone would love him too! As it stands though, he is rightfully 4th choice and on huge wages and having such an expensive 4th choice centre-back isn't really a very good idea.

I'm not saying he should be in the team and I fully agree that he is 4th choice currently but he seems to be being used by some as a scape goat for all our failing this season. Yes he has been poor compared to expectations but that's not to say it has been entirely his fault and if we were to get rid now, would it be any more beneficial to selling a playing that we could make a profit on as opposed to a huge loss?

It is a very difficult situation though as I said it since Morgan's arrival that someone has to give out of the centre backs as the 4 we have are too good to have 2 of them not in the team. That's before including Tunchev (who would be on a fairly decent whack too) as well but the squad we have is unsustainable so at least 1 from 4 (or 2 from 5) have to go in my opinion.

I just don't want us to sell Mills for next to nothing only for him to come and prove the majority here wrong as it happens all too often. If we can get a similar fee than what we paid for him then happy days but don't sell at a massive loss just for the sake of it as it will only come back to haunt us.

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member
You shithead. I hate it when people finish the tough ones before I've had time to figure them out.

I've completed my farmyard set though. :icon_cool

That goat has a very concerned look on its face

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

Beckford, Danns and Peltier have all proven themselves to be good enough.

Not sure what you're definition of good enough is, MA.

Beckford, Danns and Peltier certainly haven't been worth anywhere near their wages/transfer fees this season imo. St. Ledger wasn't under SGE either, he's only shown it under NP.

One of the reasons that I am so convinced that Nigel Pearson was the wrong choice of manager is that I think that we have burned our bridges in the slow build to promotion v buying promotion debate. We are in debt to a ridiculous tune; it may have been better were we not to be - but we are. Trying to pull back now is on par with a passenger on the Titanic attempting to bail out the ship with his gazunder.

You can't be serious, surely?

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member

achievement.gif

Matt_B

Not sure what you're definition of good enough is, MA.

Beckford, Danns and Peltier certainly haven't been worth anywhere near their wages/transfer fees this season imo. St. Ledger wasn't under SGE either, he's only shown it under NP.

You can't be serious, surely?

How much are they on and, in your opinion, what measurable target could they achieve to earn them?

Uncle Connolly

Exactly. That's why I'm wondering why people think he's digging his heels in because he's going to lose out financially.

Because they are complete idiots

Simple, really

Because if he was loaned out to Leeds, that would mean he is surplus to requirements and hugely increase the chances of him leaving in the summer. Therefore he'd end up leaving his whacking ticket.

Simple, really.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Because if he was loaned out to Leeds, that would mean he is surplus to requirements and hugely increase the chances of him leaving in the summer. Therefore he'd end up leaving his whacking ticket.

Simple, really.

I think that's more simplistic than simple. He has three years left on his contract, regardless of wherever he is or isn't loaned out to. You really haven't thought this through, have you?

Mawsley

Can I buy a wacking ticket from the club and what benefits does it offer me over a standard seating ticket?

gregs_y2k

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mills back in the squad for Reading after that shocker tonight.

Uncle Connolly

I think that's more simplistic than simple. He has three years left on his contract, regardless of wherever he is or isn't loaned out to. You really haven't thought this through, have you?

I'm not saying that's the absolute sole reason, but I believe (with the key term 'I believe' / one's opinion) it is a key reason amongst others.

Profondo Rosso

How much are they on and, in your opinion, what measurable target could they achieve to earn them?

I have no idea how much they are on Matt, but they're almost certainly on big money for this level and they absolutely haven't been worth it on their performances throughout the season.

I'd argue both Beckford and Danns have been central to our resurgence of late.

Both Beckford and Danns have turned up in about 5 games each this season. The vast majority of the games they've played in they've ranged from mediocre to dreadful. They've certainly looked nowhere near good enough over the entire season.

Why people think these players are suddenly good enough after 1 or 2 games is the problem. It's consistency which all these player lack and it's that what makes them not good enough. The Championship is full of players and teams who are good enough "on their day".

Kasper and Nugent are the only 2 players who have genuinely been good enough this season imo. I can't think of another player I would describe as anything better than inconsistent or worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670