Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've got the knives out for Pearson and look to slag him off at every opportunity, but do you really think he believes all of Sven's signings to be bad?

He plays Schemichel, Peltier, St Ledger, Konchesky, Danns, Nugent and Beckford pretty much week in, week out. That's more than 60% of the side. So please stop making stuff up about him hating all of Sven's players and dismantling Sven's glorious championship winning side.

Secondly, why are you talking about this move as if it is gospel. It's a newspaper rumour. Besides, Mills has been a poor, poor signing. If we can find some chumps like West Ham who have thrown almost as much money around as us this season, to take him off our hands and pay his wages until the end of the season, I say let him go.

I have to admit, if he has no future at City this is perhaps the one that would recoup the most money. I don't think a Premier League team would come in for him and so loaning him out to West Ham could mean we get a fair amount of the money back in the summer should they go up. That said, we shouldn't treat this as them being nailed on for promotion. They're only 4 points clear of Reading and should the Pompey games get expunged, they will fall right back into the pack. We're by no mean play off contenders yet, but there is still a faint glimmer of hope there and if by some miracle we do make it, I wouldn't want him facing us.

We're by no mean play off contenders yet, but there is still a faint glimmer of hope there and if by some miracle we do make it, I wouldn't want him facing us.

HAHAHA you're funny. Tell us another one, do you do impressions as well?

We're by no mean play off contenders yet, but there is still a faint glimmer of hope there and if by some miracle we do make it, I wouldn't want him facing us.

Id ****ing love him facing us, either our two up top would rip him to bits or we could rely on him getting sent off, he's not going to ever change his approach you know.

Id ****ing love him facing us, either our two up top would rip him to bits or we could rely on him getting sent off, he's not going to ever change his approach you know.

Never like facing a player with a point to prove. Usually they have a good game. Goes for any player not just our ex players.

HAHAHA you're funny. Tell us another one, do you do impressions as well?

Why am I funny? I'm with you, I don't think we'll get a play off spot personally but I'm sure the board, Pearson and the players still do.

It's not an impossible defecit to turn around, especially if Pompey drop out of the league. After the weekend's results we'd be 6 points behind with a game in hand, with their results expunged. If we win tonight a lot of fans are going to start believing again whether we like it or not.

It doesn't matter how brilliant the colours are, it doesn't matter if they seem to dance around on the piece of wood. It doesn't matter how much the box cost from the shop or that the picture on the front of it struck a chord with your inner psyche. It doesn't matter if it was 10 pieces or 5,000. It doesn't matter if the emotional attachment comes from it being a present from your favourite uncle or that it used to belong to your dead brother...

...if the piece doesn't fit the rest of the jigsaw it's the wrong ****ing piece.

It doesn't matter how brilliant the colours are, it doesn't matter if they seem to dance around on the piece of wood. It doesn't matter how much the box cost from the shop or that the picture on the front of it struck a chord with your inner psyche. It doesn't matter if it was 10 pieces or 5,000. It doesn't matter if the emotional attachment comes from it being a present from your favourite uncle or that it used to belong to your dead brother...

...if the piece doesn't fit the rest of the jigsaw it's the wrong ****ing piece.

Are you struggling, Maws?

jigsaw-4-piece-375.jpg

Why am I funny? I'm with you, I don't think we'll get a play off spot personally but I'm sure the board, Pearson and the players still do.

It's not an impossible defecit to turn around, especially if Pompey drop out of the league. After the weekend's results we'd be 6 points behind with a game in hand, with their results expunged. If we win tonight a lot of fans are going to start believing again whether we like it or not.

If that was supposed to be Mavis off of Coronation St, that's the worst impression I ever heard

I know you've got the knives out for Pearson and look to slag him off at every opportunity, but do you really think he believes all of Sven's signings to be bad?

There are two answers to this; firstly, this wasn't meant to be anti-Pearson (although you are correct in suggesting that I think that he is the wrong man to take us up). I was questioning the mentality of those that want Mills to leave - but not to a challenger for promotion (ARE we challenging?): until Lako's comment, a little later, people seem to be saying, "He's rubbish, we should get rid of Mills, but not to anybody that we have to play, because he'll have our strikers in his pocket."

Secondly, I do think that there is a certain amount of Pearson proving himself better than the big name manager. I wish he'd do it by getting us promoted but Pearson seems to feel that finishing in the top half with less expensive players will suffice. With the glory of 20:20 hindsight, Mills may have been overpriced but, now he's here, we save nothing by moving him on, presumably at a considerable loss.

There are two answers to this; firstly, this wasn't meant to be anti-Pearson (although you are correct in suggesting that I think that he is the wrong man to take us up). I was questioning the mentality of those that want Mills to leave - but not to a challenger for promotion (ARE we challenging?): until Lako's comment, a little later, people seem to be saying, "He's rubbish, we should get rid of Mills, but not to anybody that we have to play, because he'll have our strikers in his pocket."

Secondly, I do think that there is a certain amount of Pearson proving himself better than the big name manager. I wish he'd do it by getting us promoted but Pearson seems to feel that finishing in the top half with less expensive players will suffice. With the glory of 20:20 hindsight, Mills may have been overpriced but, now he's here, we save nothing by moving him on, presumably at a considerable loss.

Apart from all the goals we aren't conceding now.

He didn't really have a point to prove in that game though. He didn't leave Reading with any bad blood or animosity

Yes he did, Reading fans hate him for sticking his v's up at all 3 stands of their home support towards the end of his time there and booed him all match iirc.

Last edited:
Apart from all the goals we aren't conceding now.
You don't have to move him on to get that result though do you? I don't think anyone is suggesting that he should be ahead of St Ledger or Morgan at the minute. But being the current third or fourth choice does not mean you have to be sold either, especially if it is at a large loss and because of a 'falling out'.

Last edited:
Everyone wanted SSL out the club asap after his fall out with Pearson but now he is in the team, everyone loves him!!

Everyone wanted SSL out the club asap after his fall out with Pearson but now he is in the team, everyone loves him!!

If Mills pulls his socks up and starts performing like SSL then everyone would love him too! As it stands though, he is rightfully 4th choice and on huge wages and having such an expensive 4th choice centre-back isn't really a very good idea.

If Mills pulls his socks up and starts performing like SSL then everyone would love him too! As it stands though, he is rightfully 4th choice and on huge wages and having such an expensive 4th choice centre-back isn't really a very good idea.

One of the reasons that I am so convinced that Nigel Pearson was the wrong choice of manager is that I think that we have burned our bridges in the slow build to promotion v buying promotion debate. We are in debt to a ridiculous tune; it may have been better were we not to be - but we are. Trying to pull back now is on par with a passenger on the Titanic attempting to bail out the ship with his gazunder.

One of the reasons that I am so convinced that Nigel Pearson was the wrong choice of manager is that I think that we have burned our bridges in the slow build to promotion v buying promotion debate. We are in debt to a ridiculous tune; it may have been better were we not to be - but we are. Trying to pull back now is on par with a passenger on the Titanic attempting to bail out the ship with his gazunder.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670