Mattock Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

From the os

0,,10274%7E3723232,00.jpg

Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson today confirmed the full extent of Joe Mattock's ankle injury.

The 18-year-old left-back was stretched from the field of play in the closing stages of City's 1-0 Carling Cup victory over Stockport County on Tuesday night.

And following extensive medical tests on the player at both the Leicester Royal Infirmary and the club's training ground, Pearson was able to give the latest on his defender.

He said: "Joe has got a grade two ligament tear. What we are looking at is a best case scenario of around four weeks and a worst case will probably be double that length of time

"As with any injury, we will just have to see how it responds to treatment over the first couple of weeks.

"I am not a medical man and I will just have to be patient like everybody else.

"Whenever you see a player go down like that the temptation is to fear the worst. But the news is pretty positive so we will all just have to get on with it."

Typical City, we can only manage a grade two injury, pathetic. If Pearson was any kind of manager we should be aiming for a grade one everytime.

I'll bet they f*cked his ligaments when they stretched him off the field, they should've just put him on a stretcher and he'd probably be okay now. My ligaments always hurt when I stretch too much.

Typical City, we can only manage a grade two injury, pathetic. If Pearson was any kind of manager we should be aiming for a grade one everytime.

I'll bet they f*cked his ligaments when they stretched him off the field, they should've just put him on a stretcher and he'd probably be okay now. My ligaments always hurt when I stretch too much.

I wouldn't have bothered with a stretcher when there are perfectly good doors they could have had off the hinges

I'll bet Gerrard/Terry etc are relieved. It means the captaincy is still theirs for a while longer yet.

Good news.

The way he went down I was expecting it to be 4-8 months rather than weeks.

it's a shame for joe... hopefully we've got enough quality cover...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669