Maybury to Sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilverFox said:
I will be HF!:frown:

Me too.

In ability terms one of our better players - although appears to be unhappy for obvious reasons i.e. looks like he wanted away over the summer and few players like playing out of position.

In summary it is a retrograde step for City - as i don't think he will be replaced with as good a player..and I just see it as a small step on our continuing decline.

Of course there will be the odd win against sides as pitiful as Ipswich but it's not going in the right direction at all.

Leicester fans really fcuk me off. To be honest i dont think we in a decline. I think were in a better position than we have been in for ages:

Under Adams we done ok but had a squad full of old boys who come to leicester to pick up a good wage packet before they retire - thats no good.

Levein done nothing on the pitch - fair one, but he bought down the wage bill and the average age so deserves some credit.

Now we have good young sustainable team, that will get better.

Maybury is not a loss, hes not a ring winger, a good right back i give you but stearman, kenton do a decent job there.

Let him go bring in someone else - i agree swap him for welsh.

LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM INSTEAD OF BITC*ING at the slightest thing. I trust RK and his judgement.

Your sentiment is refreshing and to be applauded Lcfcrock. When it comes to being 'behind the team', as you say, there's no one better at that than HF...

I can't remember the last time I saw Maybury play well. Then again, I can't remember the last time I saw him play in position!
If there is any chance of getting Welsh back I would snap Sunderland's arm off. Seem to remember he got a bit of a kicking on here but he was a trier and his delivery always seemed decent. We can't afford anyone better so he would do just nicely (just don't talk about THAT miss v Hull)

Lcfcrock said:
Leicester fans really fcuk me off. To be honest i dont think we in a decline. I think were in a better position than we have been in for ages:

Under Adams we done ok but had a squad full of old boys who come to leicester to pick up a good wage packet before they retire - thats no good.

Levein done nothing on the pitch - fair one, but he bought down the wage bill and the average age so deserves some credit.

Maybury is not a loss, hes not a ring winger, a good right back i give you but stearman, kenton do a decent job there.

LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM INSTEAD OF BITC*ING at the slightest thing. I trust RK and his judgement.

:038: :038: :038: Good post. You should post more often.

Lcfcrock said:

Well said. It good to hear somebody positive for a change. Do it more often.

Last edited:
Muttley said:
I can't remember the last time I saw Maybury play well. Then again, I can't remember the last time I saw him play in position!
If there is any chance of getting Welsh back I would snap Sunderland's arm off. Seem to remember he got a bit of a kicking on here but he was a trier and his delivery always seemed decent. We can't afford anyone better so he would do just nicely (just don't talk about THAT miss v Hull)

I'd rather maximise the cash we can get for Maybury and get Elliott in. Don't know if there's any chance of this but would be good deal IMO.

200k is nothing for a player like Maybury. As we all know the only reason he is playing badly as he is out of position.

Double that and i would be happy.

drew said:
200k is nothing for a player like Maybury. As we all know the only reason he is playing badly as he is out of position.

Double that and i would be happy.

where does it say £200K......??

The Voice From Above said:
scroll down...story continues.

I have looked on the sites and it does not mention any money at all, just says they are interested in him

Lcfcrock said:

i also dont see how selling a player who is third or fourth choice for his natural position is a step back. in all honesty i would imagine his wages to be around about the same or even more than those who are likely to get a game. the last game i can remember anyone having a good word about him was sunderland away 2 seasons ago

The Voice From Above said:
have you tried the link i posted?

Nice one..... I didnt use the "story continues" button...:icon_redf

I think £200k seems like a bit of a crap fee.. but I would rather we try and get rid of him and bring in a left sided winger. Welsh would be a great accquisition IMO, I don't really know much about Elliott, I was watching the Hull/Derby game the other day but didn't notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669