Maybury to Sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said, when played at right back with a decent winger in front of him Maybury has been very good.

However, if it did mean freeing up a bit of money (unlikely), or getting Welsh back, it would change the shape of the team dramatically.

Not sure how happy Paddy Mac will be though..

Hazzman said:
I think the young players' current antics is worth an e-mail to the club. I believe drinking can often create team bonding but as a team not as three or four lads.

Not every week, not after that performance at Luton either.

The sooner he goes the better.....can Tiatto go as part of the deal.....both players are a total waste of space

Kelly admits on the radio that sunderland have shown an interest and he will sort it over the wknd! He also refuses to talk about welsh.

From RK's post match interview:

he knows Sunderland are interested and by no means said "we want to keep Maybury".

He says he will speak to Sunderland cheif executive tomorrow or monday.

After being asked about Welsh coming back, he said "welsh is a sunderland player and until I have spoken to Sunderland I would hate to talk about another teams player like that"

It seems like he is worth 200k.

Alan Maybury is another target and the Leicester defender's representatives expect a £200,000 deal to be completed in the next seven days.

Source

joe501 said:
From RK's post match interview:

he knows Sunderland are interested and by no means said "we want to keep Maybury".

He says he will speak to Sunderland cheif executive tomorrow or monday.

After being asked about Welsh coming back, he said "welsh is a sunderland player and until I have spoken to Sunderland I would hate to talk about another teams player like that"

perhaps hinting there then that he does intend to ask about Welsh coming our way? Maybe in a straight swap? Would be a great deal IMO.

Black Cats In For Maybury

Leicester City have today confirmed that they have received an enquiry from Sunderland regarding Alan Maybury.

Maybury, who joined the club for an undisclosed fee from Hearts in January 2005, has been a regular in the Foxes line up since making the move south of the border, but was left out of the squad to face Ipswich Town last weekend.

Manager Rob Kelly said: "I have been informed by our chief executive, Tim Davies, that we had received an approach for Alan from Sunderland. Tim is currently speaking to Sunderland on the matter. In the meantime Alan continues to be a Leicester City player."

source

Re: Maybury

SilverFox said:
My apologies I don't scan the forum 24/7 to see if someone has already created a thread for the topic.:icon_wink

and why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670