Maybury to Sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seeing as it's been mentioned on the OS, that probably means he'll be off.

Hope we get a decent sized fee for him. If we're not trading for Welsh then I'd expect/hope for £300k or so..

highland fox said:
Am I the only one who will be sad to see him go ?:102:

No, but with Kenton and Stearman, do we need a third?? May as well look at it that we need the cash to strengthen other areas.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
he is alright as back up h but nothing more imo :102:

I think with a Proper Right Winger in front of him he's a decent Right Back at this Level.

Lboro fox said:
No, but with Kenton and Stearman, do we need a third?? May as well look at it that we need the cash to strengthen other areas.

I think the money will be banked.

highland fox said:
I think with a Proper Right Winger in front of him he's a decent Right Back at this Level.

He is.

If he stays, I think him at right back and Low at right midfield will be our best right-sided partnership.

I will only be sad to see him go if the deal or money from his transfer does not result in a new signing.

joe501 said:
I will only be sad to see him go if the deal or money from his transfer does not result in a new signing.

How do you feel about getting inside budget?

Yorkshire Vixen said:
they might be loaded but are they stupid :102: :icon_bigg

Piper £2.5m suggests yes is the answer you are looking for..

I think we should try and get a swap with Welsh myself... at the least.

bocadillo said:
How do you feel about getting inside budget?

It depends how significant that money is going to be in the long term. I have no idea what the club's finances are like and how much of a benefit 200k is going to be for the future.

The money would be well used for an extra quality player for a fee or if it can free up money to get a premiership youngster on loan. If the player is going to make a significant difference, and improve results, I'd take the player over keeping the funds.

But as I have said, I do not know how significant 200k is to the club to comment properly...?

jessel said:
I have to say he has been our consistent player through this year, so if we did apparently sign him for £500k or however much it was surely a 28 yr old once international, who has been a consistent player is worth double that so you would've thought they might put a bid for £750k - 1 million, i cant see us accepting 500k if we bought him for that much, unless of course there is a swap deal with welsh which i can't see happening. For me he is worth atleast £750k i would not be bothered if he stays he's done well for us; just isn't a match winning right midfielder.
500k for Maybury? We bought him for 35k.

If we get 200k, how about putting it into the stadium so we can have concerts?

Leigh said:
500k for Maybury? We bought him for 35k.

If we get 200k, how about putting it into the stadium so we can have concerts?

Oh right sorry ah yes i was looking on football manager it says £50k i mis-read it for 500k if we bought him for 35k then id say 500k is enough to sell him for, i take back my comments about £750-1mil (just deleted those comments.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670