Media predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collywobbles for The Mirror; 17th

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stan-collymore-predicts-premier-league-6179796?

Last season’s Great Escape will have instilled incredible belief at the King Power. Having met Nigel Pearson on a number of occasions last season, he was in no doubt that the Foxes would claw themselves to safety.

Unfortunately, the script has changed. I’m not convinced about ‘Tinkerman’ Claudio Ranieri.

Pearson had the dressing room. The players believed in him. Ranieri has a job on his hands earning the same respect.

Don’t underestimate the loss of Esteban Cambiasso, either. But I think the players believe. That could be enough. It may be just as messy as it was last time, though.

I'm perfectly happy to have such low media predictions. We always seem to do better with little expectations

Indeed. There's plenty of shit teams down the bottom; it just depends whether we can go back to playing how we did at the end of last season.

Indeed. There's plenty of shit teams down the bottom; it just depends whether we can go back to playing how we did at the end of last season.

There are. We spent a fair bit of time being below Bumley and QPR so I'm not too surprised media are ranking us down there.

There are. We spent a fair bit of time being below Bumley and QPR so I'm not too surprised media are ranking us down there.
Ha, Bumley

Phil McNulty: 19th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33751507

Had Leicester City kept manager Nigel Pearson - who for all his bizarre behaviour did brilliantly as the Foxes won seven and drew one of their last 10 games to stay up - we would not be in this relegation territory.

But his sacking, with Leicester's board saying their working relationship was "no longer viable", and the appointment of Claudio Ranieri means I fear the worst.

Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since.

The Italian known as "The Tinkerman" for his constant team changes was sacked last year as manager of Greece, an infamous four-month reign notorious for a home defeat by the Faroe Islands.

Time will tell - but this one does not quite sit right and it is to be hoped Leicester are not plunged back into the danger zone they occupied for so long last season.

Keep them coming!

Talksport's Mark Saggers has us 15th...but that loon has put Chelsea at 5th and Villa at 10th.

Keep them coming!

Talksport's Mark Saggers has us 15th...but that loon has put Chelsea at 5th and Villa at 10th.
Did you listen to his argument why Chelsea would finish 5th? He may well have a point or 2. Be very interesting if it does happen.
He also said he could see West Ham struggling. look at what the Europa cup did to Everton last year, and they've got a stronger squad than WHU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566