Media predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's ridiculous about all those forcasting relegation is that they are saying not only is Ranieri worse than Sherwood, Mackerel, Bilic and whoever Sunderland have nowadays, he's so much wise than Howe and whoever Norwich and Watford have that he will take us down despite a superior squad. Other than Sherwood, not of the other managers have ever managed in the Premier League yet apparently the fact Ranieri hasn't since '04 means he won't cope.

What's ridiculous about all those forcasting relegation is that they are saying not only is Ranieri worse than Sherwood, Mackerel, Bilic and whoever Sunderland have nowadays, he's so much wise than Howe and whoever Norwich and Watford have that he will take us down despite a superior squad. Other than Sherwood, not of the other managers have ever managed in the Premier League yet apparently the fact Ranieri hasn't since '04 means he won't cope.

Yup. Also, the same Pea Son the press hammered for nearly all of last season for being mental and shit is now a managerial great. These people write shit to sell papers and get viewers, knowledge has cock all to do with it.

What's ridiculous about all those forcasting relegation is that they are saying not only is Ranieri worse than Sherwood, Mackerel, Bilic and whoever Sunderland have nowadays

It does smell fishy to me.

There is definitely an ax to grind with Ranieri from a LOT of the British media, in particular ex-players.

LondonFox is all over it. We have a stronger squad today than we did when we kicked off last year....and quite possibly a better manager.

What really gets on my tits is how they all credit Pearson with the run at the end of the year but not the shower of shite from October-February that left us in a right mess. He oversaw both.

Yup. Also, the same Pea Son the press hammered for nearly all of last season for being mental and shit is now a managerial great. These people write shit to sell papers and get viewers, knowledge has cock all to do with it.
Which is why I have few qualms with reporters being banned from grounds. A lot of them are embarrassing.

Latest horseshit from Paul Merson.

Quote "I backed Leicester to avoid relegation last season, even when they were struggling I said they would stay up because I saw some good performances from them. I don’t have a good feeling for them at the moment after what’s happened with the sacking of Nigel Pearson. Saying that, I think they will win this game because Sunderland look as though they have a long hard season lying ahead of them"

I can't believe the blatant bandwagon nonsense this guy continues to spout.

You actually tipped us to go down 'Merse' in fact and predicted Ulloa would not score in the Prem, before he started scoring, at which point you said Ulloa was a decent player and "I backed him to do well"

If there is a bigger clueless over rated bellend on the TV I'm yet to watch him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did you listen to his argument why Chelsea would finish 5th? He may well have a point or 2. Be very interesting if it does happen.
He also said he could see West Ham struggling. look at what the Europa cup did to Everton last year, and they've got a stronger squad than WHU.

Well West Ham don't need to worry about Europe getting in the way any more....

If there is one guarantee every season, it is that the pundits will be largely inaccurate with their predictions.

We may struggle. We may find adapting to CRs tactical approach troubling. So, we're an easy option for the pundit looking for a team to write off. It's lazy so the average journalist will fall for it.

McNulty called one out of three right for relegation last season (Burnley). The Independent called the same. In fact almost all the pundits I've reviewed got at least two out of three wrong. Many thought Southampton were doomed.

If there is one guarantee every season, it is that the pundits will be largely inaccurate with their predictions.

We may struggle. We may find adapting to CRs tactical approach troubling. So, we're an easy option for the pundit looking for a team to write off. It's lazy so the average journalist will fall for it.

McNulty called one out of three right for relegation last season (Burnley). The Independent called the same. In fact almost all the pundits I've reviewed got at least two out of three wrong. Many thought Southampton were doomed.

I'm quite liking you at the moment BN, good post.

I agree with BN that writing us off just because of CR is lazy. The random "I think (e.g) Bournemouth have got enough to survive" statements are irritating, mostly based on nothing but guesswork yet said as statements of fact. Quite happy for us to be written off though, and to prove everyone wrong (hopefully).

Bring on the media negativity.

Hopefully it will galvanise our squad.

Latest horseshit from Paul Merson.

Quote "I backed Leicester to avoid relegation last season, even when they were struggling I said they would stay up because I saw some good performances from them. I don’t have a good feeling for them at the moment after what’s happened with the sacking of Nigel Pearson. Saying that, I think they will win this game because Sunderland look as though they have a long hard season lying ahead of them"

I can't believe the blatant bandwagon nonsense this guy continues to spout.

You actually tipped us to go down 'Merse' in fact and predicted Ulloa would not score in the Prem, before he started scoring, at which point you said Ulloa was a decent player and "I backed him to do well"

If there is a bigger clueless over rated bellend on the TV I'm yet to watch him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All those years on the piss have left his brain cells in a weird order.Why anyone employs him is beyond me.

I recall plenty of talk about Swansea being bound to struggle too.I think the only reason that the complete opposite happening wasn't commented on more was that the amazement quota was all used up on the Saints.

All this guff is always amusing though & it's wrong to expect much in the way of insight & intelligent comment.

After all the press spent over 2 decades lauding a ranting Glaswegian pisshead as some sort of psychological genius.
It's all relative.When you work in an industry almost entirely composed of people who've lived in a bubble,protected from anything resembling real life from the age of 8 or 9 it's not going to take much to seem godlike.

It's the same with the oligarch's Portuguese houseboy.Masterful mind games my arse.Only because the public is twatdazzled by the spectacle of a reasonably intelligent man out thinking other people who have the mental capacity & emotional maturity of the average 12 year old.

Think about it for a minute.Conjure a picture of Mourinho into your mind right now...

...& now forget who he is & imagine he's an office manager or a foreman where you work (or have previously worked)

Would you pay any attention to anything he said? Of course not.The dry,droning monotone would switch you off & that impression he always gives of being about to shrug his shoulders at something but never quite managing it would have you looking at your watch,desperate for a reason to be elsewhere.

You'd rip the piss out of him behind his back & make your excuses when it came to his birthday night out.

But the press would have you believe he's a hybrid of Socrates,Einstein & Napoleon.

Anyway...we're staying up so they can all **** off.

Obviously a challenging season ahead having lost our manager - and more importantly our best player and natural leader.

Big unknown is how well the players will adapt to changes in style imposed by a very different sort of manager.

At the end of the day we were hopeless for a big part of last season so its no use pretending that everything was perfect then. Fortunately the owners are prepared to invest so there is some flexibility to respond to emerging problems.

I don't think that we will get away with losing Pearson/ Cambiasso without some pain and the league looks stronger this season...so 17th is,I think/ hope , realistic and realisable.

McNulty is an absolute moron of a pundit. Everything that has been said about us being an easy cast-off has been completely true.

The thing that helps you survive in the premier league is goals and I believe we have enough in this squad to survive. I don't have a clue why everyone is totally convinced Bournemouth will stay up, when they only just scraped the league. They amassed 90 points last season, we made 102(?) when we won the championship and still struggled. Just having a close-knit Xi doesn't mean you'll survive.

But, let's see. I'm not entirely sure why the media are so convinced that Ranieri is a steaming pile of poo - they appear to be highly fixated on the Greece part of his career, and none of the others.

Obviously a challenging season ahead having lost our manager - and more importantly our best player and natural leader.

Big unknown is how well the players will adapt to changes in style imposed by a very different sort of manager.

At the end of the day we were hopeless for a big part of last season so its no use pretending that everything was perfect then. Fortunately the owners are prepared to invest so there is some flexibility to respond to emerging problems.

I don't think that we will get away with losing Pearson/ Cambiasso without some pain and the league looks stronger this season...so 17th is,I think/ hope , realistic and realisable.

There has been no evidence of any changes in style yet by Ranieri. In fact he has said he wants them them to play with the same high tempo, along the floor style, as the the last 9 games of last season. He suggested that his new defenders allow him easily to adapt from 3-5-3 to 4-4-2 if necessary, without having to make a substitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669