Media predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Cross on Talkshite this morning

Leicester to finish stone cold bottom, because Ranieri is a disaster of an appointment

John Cross on Talkshite this morning

Leicester to finish stone cold bottom, because Ranieri is a disaster of an appointment
Is there a clue in there somewhere?

Loving this negativity

They're just calling it as they see it, they have no axe to grind with LCFC. The likelihood is its going to be a very tough season.

I don't blame them for being negative either, because after all we will be a bit of an unknown quantity this season.

Did you listen to his argument why Chelsea would finish 5th? He may well have a point or 2. Be very interesting if it does happen.
He also said he could see West Ham struggling. look at what the Europa cup did to Everton last year, and they've got a stronger squad than WHU.

Would agree about West Ham. I can see them being in a relegation scrap this season. It would be hilarious if they were to start life in their new stadium in the Championship!

I've given up listening to and reading this predictions shit. Whether it's Ray f'm Parlour saying we should have hired Lennon, or his mate Savage saying similar, or twats taking shots at Ranieri. The host of 5Live last night in reference to Ranieri said, "where's the CV". He CV is extensive for Christ sake.

I actually think we are stronger now than we were last season. We lost Cambiasso but we've signed Kante. And while I've never seen him play we need a solid defensive midfielder more than we need Cambiasso. I'm excited about the attack with Okazaki and a fully-adapted Kramaric. Brnging in Yohan and the (possible) promotion of Chilwell is exciting. Getting rid of Konchesky and Upson is a positive and having competition for Wasilewski and Morgan makes us stronger. And we are clearly not done with new signings. God knows who it will be but I think we can safely say that we will definitely be bringing in at least one more midfielder.

I also think that Ranieri is an upgrade on Pearson. YES I SAID IT! For the (vast) majority of last season under Pearson our results were lamentable and now he is no longer in charge so where's the (negative) issue with that?

Clearly this season's Burnley - media darlings - are going to be Bournemouth.

I see us as this year's Southampton: all the press are predicting disaster, but I can see us doing pretty well... I am pleased that Claudio Ranieri has something to prove and it can only be good that, even the other board (F*xt**k), aren't demanding European qualification as a bare minimum.

The BBC predicting Everton to finish 7th. I think they'll be much closer to 17th. I think this will finally be the season where the media see through the myth that is Roberto Martinez.

They are by and large unknowledgeable idiots commenting on things they know nothing about.

Ex footballers have no experience of management or team building or strategy, I can't understand anyone taking their 'predictions' with anything other than a pinch of salt.

I also agree with londonfox in that Ranieri is a step up (a large one in my opinion) on NP.

Coward. I would take 14th now, but I think we will do better. Same 'One for all, all for one' team with several good, experienced additions. I am certain we will do better this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566