Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bought some good players abnd also some of the worst EVER to play for Forest, Eugene Dadi, Gary Holt, Darryl Powel and Andy Melville for example

But most of the players he bought are currently fighting for promotion from League 1. Irrelevant of the shite he bought - he made half of your team.

For the people saying he spent no money at Forest, he spent, £ 1.95m.

I just looked at our squad, 6 are Megson buys. Clingan and Tyson main successes, Breckin and Grant Holt are average.

Dobie, along with Dadi the worst striker I have EVER seen, Bennett, gangsta left back who is playing at the minute because our 1st choice left back is injured.

So only 2 of his players are 1st choice at the minute.

Any idea what role Gerry Taggert will have? If there's any light in the predominant gloom, it may well be Taggs. He always come across on the radio as a chap with integrity and common sense - and hasn't he already got coaching qualifications? I know some of you guys have met him - what's he like in real life?

Any idea what role Gerry Taggert will have? If there's any light in the predominant gloom, it may well be Taggs. He always come across on the radio as a chap with integrity and common sense - and hasn't he already got coaching qualifications? I know some of you guys have met him - what's he like in real life?

Had a whisky with him on saturday night. very nice bloke.

I just feel deeply underwhelmed by this - mainly because WBA were such a tedious side to watch, despite their success, in this division.

But I'll give Megson a chance, for I really do not feel I have any realistic alternative I could be comfortable with.

Just looked at another forum and someone mentioned some more I forgot:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Gino Padula (Played about 3 games), David Friio (He came touted as a goalscoring midfielder and was one of the worst players we have ever seen), Nicky Eaden (HOOOOOOOF), Rune Pedersen (Crap keeper).

From a Blackpool fan,

"
Gary (up for the task) Megson signed Chris Malkin for Pool from Millwall
for £275,000

Probably the worst person to be let loose with a cheque book ".

And another Blackpool fan,

" A quick one.....

HE took over a team capable of finishing in the play off's at the very least with money to spend and we finished 7th.

He then f*cked off to Stockport County, a "bigger club"

**** of the highest order. "

A Watford fan,

" A fantastic appointment, I'm really happy. For a while there it looked like Leicester, with Milan's money and Allen's ability, could be real contenders but hopefully this backwards step will put paid to any such risk. "

:046::046::046: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I've been very critical of MM over the MA shambles. On the basis of what's known, it was a bonkers decision. If MM doesn't let us know anything else, he will be forever tarnished by it.

However moving on, I've always rated Megson as a good manager and I think this decision stands a good chance of being a good one. I'd have rather had Dowie but if he wasn't available, Megson is far from the worst option.

I cannot comprehend anyone believing that Reid/Roeder etc would be better than Megson. In Megson's last three full years managing in this league, he's got two promotions and a play off place. That is a record to be respected, not abused. His short and slimy spell at Florist has clearly cost him much of his reputation. He needs to do well with us or his reputation will be gone forever. That's a pretty good motivation. In addition, he has to deliver here fast or he'll be ditched. That's another pretty good motivation.

In terms of the style of football played; I really don't give a flying feck how we win as long as we do win.

Credit where it's due MM, you crazy old loony. I think you've made a sound decision here.

:038: Well said.

Was interesting to hear about the 'smear campaign' he alluded to in his interview on the BBC website when he was going to interviews in the gap between Forest and now.

It’s believed that Megson got the job ahead of Micky Adams and Dave Jones after interviews were held in London on Friday 7th January.

Wonder why Forest did not snatch Dave Jones at that time?

I just feel deeply underwhelmed by this - mainly because WBA were such a tedious side to watch, despite their success, in this division.

But I'll give Megson a chance, for I really do not feel I have any realistic alternative I could be comfortable with.

Same could be said of our good selves in our promotion season under Adams, we hardly played champagne football but we won football matches and that is what matters, I would happily settle for the same under Megson if it delivers premiership football.

It’s believed that Megson got the job ahead of Micky Adams and Dave Jones after interviews were held in London on Friday 7th January.

MIlan would have liked DJ because he signed JFH!

We should not even start to judge the man until Christmas. He needs to get used to the squad, they need to do the same. Whatever we think, and I am on record as not being 'over the moon', Megson should get the season. Let us see how he changes the squad in the January window and by February/March we will know if it is going to work.

I think MM has shown he won't have that much time! Bad results then your out on your ear.

Megson may be on to a winner, as most fans (on here anyway) are expecting him to be shit, so anything better than that and he has over-achieved...

I don't care anymore, the manager we have no longer bothers me.

Right that's it i'm off to Tenerife for two weeks. Enjoy Megson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566