Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
life gets worse and worse as a city fan, when will the ****ing pain subside.

WELL AND TRUELY ****ED OFF.

no,no,no deffo a step backwards..all the reports mention sucess with westbrom.. but forget to mention how he took f*****T to division 1....

´MM has his YES man is i predicted.....

Can someone clarify if Megson will be in charge for Saturdays game.

I had to nip out when the press conf started, and i've read conflicting reports on who will be in charge of Saturdays game.

No NF, he won't, he said that the existing management team will carry on for Saturday's game (or words to that effect). However, prior to the conf, the Mockery had said that he would be. I prefer to believe GM.

i can't imagine him kicking up a stink like allen did
..i think his will be just happy to back in work...yes sir , no sir three bags f***ing hell sir.....

I've been very critical of MM over the MA shambles. On the basis of what's known, it was a bonkers decision. If MM doesn't let us know anything else, he will be forever tarnished by it.

However moving on, I've always rated Megson as a good manager and I think this decision stands a good chance of being a good one. I'd have rather had Dowie but if he wasn't available, Megson is far from the worst option.

I cannot comprehend anyone believing that Reid/Roeder etc would be better than Megson. In Megson's last three full years managing in this league, he's got two promotions and a play off place. That is a record to be respected, not abused. His short and slimy spell at Florist has clearly cost him much of his reputation. He needs to do well with us or his reputation will be gone forever. That's a pretty good motivation. In addition, he has to deliver here fast or he'll be ditched. That's another pretty good motivation.

In terms of the style of football played; I really don't give a flying feck how we win as long as we do win.

Credit where it's due MM, you crazy old loony. I think you've made a sound decision here.

I've been very critical of MM over the MA shambles. On the basis of what's known, it was a bonkers decision. If MM doesn't let us know anything else, he will be forever tarnished by it.

However moving on, I've always rated Megson as a good manager and I think this decision stands a good chance of being a good one. I'd have rather had Dowie but if he wasn't available, Megson is far from the worst option.

I cannot comprehend anyone believing that Reid/Roeder etc would be better than Megson. In Megson's last three full years managing in this league, he's got two promotions and a play off place. That is a record to be respected, not abused. His short and slimy spell at Florist has clearly cost him much of his reputation. He needs to do well with us or his reputation will be gone forever. That's a pretty good motivation. In addition, he has to deliver here fast or he'll be ditched. That's another pretty good motivation.

In terms of the style of football played; I really don't give a flying feck how we win as long as we do win.

Credit where it's due MM, you crazy old loony. I think you've made a sound decision here.
good post. bear in mind that gm has got to work with players he inherited,and the window isnt open again untill jan, he will need time and backing from the fans to have any chance of moving us forward.lets all get behind the man.

After years of watching crap football, I want us to play entertaining attacking football.
Obviously I want us to win as well, but I don't think that will GM knows anything other than dour negative football. Fans may put up with that if we're winning, but he won't be given much of a chance if we continue to see crap football every week without winning.

good post. bear in mind that gm has got to work with players he inherited,and the window isnt open again untill jan, he will need time and backing from the fans to have any chance of moving us forward.lets all get behind the man.

I guess better him than Warnock IMO...Thats Megson big problem he has to play with a squad he did no sign....I don't expect instant miracles....but reading MM statement on the OS that he "will not tolerate failure" i wonder how time he will get...
BUT I Remember when MON took over after after Mark "Maghee"(sorry about the spelling you know who i mean!) HE took quite a bit ok stick to begin with..to the point where he nearly quit..

Last edited:
I guess better him than Warnock IMO...Thats Megson big problem he has to play with a squad he did no sign....I don't expect instant miracles....but reading MM statement on the OS that he "will not tolerate failure" i wonder how time he will get...
BUT I Remember when MON took over after after Mark "Maghee"(sorry about the spelling you know who i mean!) HE took quite a bit ok stick to begin with..to the point where he nearly quit..

We should not even start to judge the man until Christmas. He needs to get used to the squad, they need to do the same. Whatever we think, and I am on record as not being 'over the moon', Megson should get the season. Let us see how he changes the squad in the January window and by February/March we will know if it is going to work.

The point I was making was the likes of Tyson etc. are the current heart of your team - seems he isn't that bad of a judge in footballing ability if they are NF's best players.
He bought some good players abnd also some of the worst EVER to play for Forest, Eugene Dadi, Gary Holt, Darryl Powel and Andy Melville for example

Well I wouldn't say that's a tremendous amount of cash, certainly not the amount and quality of player he'll have to work with here. A lot of people on here are blaming Megson for your relegation. You were a sinking ship long before he came as far as I remember. Fair enough, he did nothing the following season, but as everyone knows from experiences here, it can take a long time to change a losing mentality at a club, even if you change some of the squad.

I said it way back in the thread, and I stick to it; his time at Brom is the best gauge of the man, as he had a similar squad and it was in this league. He took them up twice and they played some fantastic football at times.

I'm not forcing myself to get behind him. I think it's an ok choice and that he has a very good chance of being very successful here.
I don't blame him for relegation totally but we hardly gave it a fight to stay up. He played some of the worst football I have ever seen, brought in some of the worst players in ever, fell out with everyone etc.

How did he play football at times at WBA?? Look how many 1-0s they used to get something like 15 in one season one year, he plays the long ball gets the goal and hangs on for the win, JUST like he did the last time we played at the Walkers but it rarely worked.

A good point for you though, WBA fans said his main success was down to Frank Burrrows and he wasn't at Forest for family reasons so we got Frank Barlow instead. I see Burrows has joined you so that's probably a positive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570