Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm taking you too literally, but isn't this a bit of 'fair weather' supporting? You have to support your team thru thick and thin, bad and good times, and even when they are lead by someone it appears a little 'uncool' to see at least a glimmer of hope with. Ginger or not.

Of course I'll be there. I supported City through the 80s and still think that was 'thinner' and 'badder' than this is now.

I am sure that part of the problem is that I believed that we were to ahve a bright new future under MM. Now I just can't see it happening.

I had to respond, you feckin' deluded Not-Right nutter

I am going there now, so don't follow me

One Team, One Dream.........

Megson wasn't anywhere near my first choice either, but now he is here I hope and want him to get it right, I will get no pleasure in seeing him getting the bullet in 6 months time as it means he will have failed, our club will be failing and yet more instability beckoning.

So I hope that in 3 seasons time Megson is still here in some capacity as it will mean we have had some sort of relative success and that for me as a LCFC supporter is the only thing that counts.

Last edited:
my comment earlier was based on a frustration that the club can't get anyone better.

i still support lcfc and i'll give megson a chance-i just hope he proves my instincts about this appointment wrong

i still support lcfc and i'll give megson a chance-i just hope he proves my instincts about this appointment wrong

:038::038:

I think that is the same for everyone who is shocked by this appointment.

We are all LCFC fans, and therefore want us to do well, but it does not mean we have to be happy with every choice that the owner makes!!

Of course I'll be there. I supported City through the 80s and still think that was 'thinner' and 'badder' than this is now.

I am sure that part of the problem is that I believed that we were to ahve a bright new future under MM. Now I just can't see it happening.

I guess I'm more of a hoper than a moaner, that's all. I see no real advantage in ripping any specific signing or appointment apart, as it will all be cheap if it proves incorrect, and if not, everybody will be too sick to bother to say I told you so. It makes no difference what we all think now.

What does make a difference is the support and patience a loyal support give a new manager to allow him enough time to implement his plans and to judge him afterward. Just because I feel this way doesn't make me a push over or a hypocrite. I will be the singing their praises if things go well, and I will eventually (after giving him a fair crack of the whip), be calling for GM's ginger head if he fails to succeed.

I think that had anyone said when Milan took over that he will be appointing Gary Megson as manager within a few months then there would have been utter disbelief.

At the end of the day this is a very disappointing appointment indeed but given a sugar coating by linking it to City former favourites. People who will bring a possibly only short term popularity. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, one of Milan's characteristics is to mention 'big' names as potential players or managers - but actually have to settle for the ordinary.
But perhaps that's all we can realistically expect these days - especially with Milan's trigger happy reputation.

Having said all that, what are the alternatives? We have to support the team and Milan because there aren't any. But I do think there is a danger that Milan could run out of goodwill unless the results are better than some of us fear and this would impact on attendances and future ticket sales.

I guess I'm more of a hoper than a moaner, that's all. I see no real advantage in ripping any specific signing or appointment apart, as it will all be cheap if it proves incorrect, and if not, everybody will be too sick to bother to say I told you so. It makes no difference what we all think now.

What does make a difference is the support and patience a loyal support give a new manager to allow him enough time to implement his plans and to judge him afterward. Just because I feel this way doesn't make me a push over or a hypocrite. I will be the singing their praises if things go well, and I will eventually (after giving him a fair crack of the whip), be calling for GM's ginger head if he fails to succeed.

To be honest i am sick and tired with all the going ons at this club.Whether we like it or not Megson it is.Getting on the guys back before he is unveiled does not help anyone.I do not really think the applicants were quering all around the stadium for the job anyway.Give the guy some sort of chance............ then slaughter him lol

Nice post tb. :038:

I think that is the same for everyone who is shocked by this appointment.

We are all LCFC fans, and therefore want us to do well, but it does not mean we have to be happy with every choice that the owner makes!!

I think you are exactly right. It's a case of hearts and minds. I feel in my heart that this is a wrong appointment; I know in my mind that we have now got to give it a go.

I am presuming that all who have contributed to this thread have written from either their heart or their mind. It seems to me that most who are shocked by the appointment have written from the heart - and that those who are saying "give the bloke" a chance are writing from their minds. I would be really interested to know whether there is so much as a single person who feels in his/her heart that this is a good appointment. And if so, would they dare to admit it?

I think you are exactly right. It's a case of hearts and minds. I feel in my heart that this is a wrong appointment; I know in my mind that we have now got to give it a go.

I am presuming that all who have contributed to this thread have written from either their heart or their mind. It seems to me that most who are shocked by the appointment have written from the heart - and that those who are saying "give the bloke" a chance are writing from their minds. I would be really interested to know whether there is so much as a single person who feels in his/her heart that this is a good appointment. And if so, would they dare to admit it?

I think it's the best appointment that could have been made in the circumstances. Not saying that makes it a good appointment mind, I am undecided, but am leaning towards it might be.

I think it's the best appointment that could have been made in the circumstances. Not saying that makes it a good appointment mind, I am undecided, but am leaning towards it might be.

Why is the best under the circumstances? Its not the best, no where near

So who would you have got in then (bearing in mind the club's recent history)

Arsene Wenger of course. Seriously though i dont know, i honestly thought Glenn Hoddle might have a chance, i was surprised he was never mentioned, i wouldnt have minded him. There are just 2 people i really didnt want, that was Megson and Warnock.

Last edited:
Arsene Wenger of course. Seriously though i dont know, i honestly thought Glenn Hoddle might have a chance, i was surprised he was never mentioned, i wouldnt have minded him. There are just 2 people i really didnt want, that was Megson and Warnock.

Lets face it who wants to work with MM!

A managers job is never a secure one but working for Milan your on a knife edge every week!!

i honestly thought Glenn Hoddle might have a chance, i was surprised he was never mentioned, i wouldnt have minded him.

Our resident raspberry, newton, would never have stood for that, not with Hoddle's views on the disabled.

I don't think the Gays liked Hoddle either. He wouldn't have been poplular here if he upset the crips and the bummers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670