Mental Health, Reaching Out & the Kindness of Strangers

This past Sunday I had my MRI. Then 24 hours later I randomly woke up on my living room floor with no memory of the previous hour and a half. Best guess is I had another seizure while working at my desk. Spent the next four days in hospital and have now been diagnosed with post-stroke epilepsy.

Hang in there BM.

Forgive my ignorance but you've mentioned a blood clot in the brain and now stroke and seizures. What's happening then? Is the clot still there, can it be dealt with or are you having to live with it?

Hang in there BM.

Forgive my ignorance but you've mentioned a blood clot in the brain and now stroke and seizures. What's happening then? Is the clot still there, can it be dealt with or are you having to live with it?
From what I could understand, the neurology people think I had a stroke some time ago and didn’t know about it, and it’s left some scar tissue in there, which may on occasion cause some unusual effects when electricity tries to run through certain pathways in my brain and they’re not where they should be. Like dropping unconscious, flailing around on the floor and pissing my knickers.

By the way, if anyone knows what I look like and happens to see me do any of the above, get your phone out and get some video of it. The doc told me it’ll be very useful diagnostically.

From what I could understand, the neurology people think I had a stroke some time ago and didn’t know about it, and it’s left some scar tissue in there, which may on occasion cause some unusual effects when electricity tries to run through certain pathways in my brain and they’re not where they should be. Like dropping unconscious, flailing around on the floor and pissing my knickers.

By the way, if anyone knows what I look like and happens to see me do any of the above, get your phone out and get some video of it. The doc told me it’ll be very useful diagnostically.

It's not very helpful when you have something going on in the brain and you realise that doctors haven't really got the first idea how it all works.

Scary stuff.

Not nice to hear, BM. Take care bud and hopefully things get sorted as they work out what has been happening.

Mate, if you hand out the final award and then flail around and piss yourself on stage, I'll consider it your finest ever performance.
Harsh ****er, but there’s nowt better than a good laugh…

…followed by a sort-lived, warm leg.

Must be terrifying to go through something like that BM.

Obviously there’s a possibility that you’re a total **** irl but I’ve always thought you come across as a top bloke on here, one of the good guys and even capable of being mildly amusing on occasion.

All the best to you mate, keep us posted.

**** that, I’ll post it on YouTube and FoxesTalk.

I'm taking some time off work to reflect on my life and try and let the death off my father sink in, I've told my family it's built up annual leave.

I'm also taking time out from this forum as it's not helping me, text tennis arguing with strangers is just making me angry with life and bringing me down emotionally.
I don't know if I'll ever be back but I apologize to anyone that I have annoyed.

Anyway all the best.
I hope you find the peace you are looking for. Anything that costs you that is too expensive.

This past Sunday I had my MRI. Then 24 hours later I randomly woke up on my living room floor with no memory of the previous hour and a half. Best guess is I had another seizure while working at my desk. Spent the next four days in hospital and have now been diagnosed with post-stroke epilepsy.
Oh shit. I hope you are okay.

On World Mental Health Day, just a message to those of you on here that have shared their struggles and helped others.

I also hope those of you that shared physical challenges are doing okay.

If anyone is minded to give us an update on how you're doing, I for one would welcome it.

I'm not particularly worrying about my mental health but I need to share something which has hit me a little sideways this afternoon. Went with Mrs boc for a short walk along the moors on the edge of Chorley late this morning. It was a mistake because the ground was all boggy after this recent rain. My knee was giving me some gyp as usual and I was feeling generally pissed off and worrying just a little about my general lack of fitness. Being about six stones overweight doesn't help either.
I was pleased when Mrs boc suggested a quick drink before we returned to the boat - that narrow one - but was a little surprised with the amount of vibrating that my phone was doing as it picked up the pub's wi-fi. To cut a long story short my best lcfc-supporting friend had announced the passing of a dear friend of hers (blaarev knows him too) who sits next to her at the back of the kop. Now he must have been about 15 or more years younger than me, massively fit doing park runs and half marathons as a hobby. On these international breaks, he follows Gibraltar home and away; he was with them at Wrexham a few nights ago and has followed them to many places that I can't even spell. Heart attack this morning and he's gone.
RIP Paul Stacey.
Life isn't fair!

I'm not particularly worrying about my mental health but I need to share something which has hit me a little sideways this afternoon. Went with Mrs boc for a short walk along the moors on the edge of Chorley late this morning. It was a mistake because the ground was all boggy after this recent rain. My knee was giving me some gyp as usual and I was feeling generally pissed off and worrying just a little about my general lack of fitness. Being about six stones overweight doesn't help either.
I was pleased when Mrs boc suggested a quick drink before we returned to the boat - that narrow one - but was a little surprised with the amount of vibrating that my phone was doing as it picked up the pub's wi-fi. To cut a long story short my best lcfc-supporting friend had announced the passing of a dear friend of hers (blaarev knows him too) who sits next to her at the back of the kop. Now he must have been about 15 or more years younger than me, massively fit doing park runs and half marathons as a hobby. On these international breaks, he follows Gibraltar home and away; he was with them at Wrexham a few nights ago and has followed them to many places that I can't even spell. Heart attack this morning and he's gone.
RIP Paul Stacey.
Life isn't fair!
That’s shit Boc, sorry to hear that.

RIP Paul Stacey.
Life isn't fair!

Sorry to read this, Bob. Much love xx

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670