Mental Health, Reaching Out & the Kindness of Strangers

Doing an equivalent journey by public transport in Leicester would take fecking hours and cross over different bus companies at ludicrous prices.
Yes, I can believe that. Doesn’t make London travel any better though does it by comparing apples and pears?

Just look at the amount of public money going into public transport in London compared to every other part of the country - yes it's necessary to move around the number of people needed in such a densely populated area, but also it's one of the key reasons that the area is so much wealthier than the rest of the country.

Just look at the amount of public money going into public transport in London compared to every other part of the country - yes it's necessary to move around the number of people needed in such a densely populated area, but also it's one of the key reasons that the area is so much wealthier than the rest of the country.
Have you calculated the amount of money going to each city pro-rata? Central London has a population 15 time larger than, say Leicester

If I remember correctly a tube ride from Ealing to central London is about £3.

Seems like a bargain to me.

If I remember correctly a tube ride from Ealing to central London is about £3.

Seems like a bargain to me.

Single adult fare:
Oyster/Contactless
Peak : £3.70Monday to Friday from 0630 to 0930.
Off Peak: £3.00At all other times including public holidays.
Cash
£6.70At any time.

Free travel once your 60 in London compared to the rest of the country where most have to wait until 66
Free on the tube and trains too - not just the buses.

Cheap, yeah right. Nearly £10 per day to travel from zone one to zones be two and back.
Whereas if you own a car you can pay anywhere from £1 a day to a lot, lot more to go absolutely nowhere, bargain! Never understood why people don't factor the price of running and owning a car into how much the travel in it costs.

Table 7 in there would suggest that yes it's fairly straightforward.
London spends more money per head on railways than any other region? What is not straightforward about that fact?
Tourism for a starter of 1?

Whereas if you own a car you can pay anywhere from £1 a day to a lot, lot more to go absolutely nowhere, bargain! Never understood why people don't factor the price of running and owning a car into how much the travel in it costs.
They just don’t do they?

Doesn't dispute the fact though does it - yes it's always going to be a factor but 'London spends more per head on rail infrastructure than the rest of the country' is not debatable
Yes, hence my response saying that it wasn’t as simple as that.

What revenue does London bring in via tourism via other cities I wonder?

Well, nothing from my household. When on holiday in the UK last summer we didn't go into London because it was too expensive to get there (from Petersfield).

It's also full of miserable moaning ****s who don't appreciate how privileged they are compared to the poor ****ers across the rest of the country who are treated as second or third class citizens at every turn

It's also full of miserable moaning ****s who don't appreciate how privileged they are compared to the poor ****ers across the rest of the country who are treated as second or third class citizens at every turn
Preach it sister

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464