Millwall - 18th Match 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Millwall - 18th March 2006

Kick-off 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We have been allocated 1,500 tickets for this fixture, priced at £19 adults, £12 senior citizens and £10 juniors

Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon 6 March -Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue 7 March -Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed 8 March -Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu 9 March -Members
Fri 10 March -General sale (subject to availability)

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will depart at 10am, priced at £15 and £13 concessions (Season ticket holders receive a £1 discount).

Directions
Drive to Millwall? You must be mad!!

If you are mad the best route is probably via the M1 and the M25 to the M11. At the end of the M11, follow the signs for A12 and the Blackwall Tunnel. Once through the Blackwall Tunnel, follow the A102(M) to its end and then take the slip-road for the A2 (Central London).

When you reach New Cross, follow signs for Surrey Quays into Kender Street, turn left into Old Kent Road then right at the turning signposted "car pound" into Ilderton Road. Zampa Road is the 7th turning on the right.

There are no facilities for supporters to park at the ground.

Trains
There are no less than five stations in easy walking distance of the ground (furthest from ground first):

Canada Water - LT Jubilee Line - 20 minute walk
Surrey Quays - LT East London Line - 15 minutes
New Cross - LT East London Line and South Eastern Trains - 15 minutes
New Cross Gate - LT East London Line and Southern - 15 minutes
South Bermondsey - Southern and Thameslink - 5 minutes

Thameslink trains to South Bermondsey can be caught as far north as Luton, but as Derby are playing there on the same day so it might be better to change elsewhere. It is also likely to be cheaper not to change at Luton.

If on arrival at South Bermondsey you are identified as a City fan, you may be killed by the home fans or you may be directed by the police to use the covered walkway which leads directly from the station to the away area of the ground. If you don't want either of these things to happen, do not have your colours on display and say "th' wa'er in Madge-Orka don' taste like wha' i' ough'er" repeatedly.

Cheap tickets to London are still available in the usual way on the MML website, although all of the very cheap tickets appear to have been sold. It should however still be possible to find single tickets for the journey, use the discount code 'photo' for each transaction and get to StP and back for £20.

Once you get to London, purchase a Zones 1-2 One-Day Travelcard for £4.90. This will cover Underground and National Rail journeys to the stations mentioned above, as well as all bus journeys throughout London.

Please heed Webbo's warning about the likelihood that we will be locked in for a time after the game; do not book too early a train for your return journey.

Pubs
There is nowhere near the ground where I would willingly order a drink in an east Midlands accent on match-day. Quench your thirst before you arrive in the area.

Away Supporters Facilities
We will be accommodated in the Upper Tier of the North Stand.

Last edited:
If you're going to this one on the train, make sure your train to London doesn't stop at Luton or you might find it's full of sheep :icon_eek:

There are train tickets available for around £10 each way on The Trainline

If you do book specific trains in advance you need to make sure you allow plenty of time after the match, we could be held outside the ground by the police until all the Millwall fans have gone, which can take quite a while.

What are peoples thoughts on the safest train station to go to?? I am thinking South Bermondsey as that has the covered walkway for away fans????

Duzza said:
What are peoples thoughts on the safest train station to go to?? I am thinking South Bermondsey as that has the covered walkway for away fans????

If you want to be treated like cattle, South Bermondsey is certainly your best bet.

When I went I got off at New Cross Gate but that was for the Old Den

Duzza said:
You wouldnt recommend it? (I havent been before)

I just have an aversion to being herded and avoid it whenever possible.

tbh there is nothing to recommend any of the stations above any of the others and I would pick whichever is most convenient for your journey. Unless you are lloking for trouble, I think it is most unlikely to find you (particularly before the game).

My personal preference for Millwall is to 'scrub off the time' away from the ground and then get the last possible train there (or the one before it). There is nothing that you would possibly want to do within a mile of the ground.

The London Branch will be getting their fair share of Dutch Courage before the game at The Whitesmiths Arms, 37 Crosby Road, SE1 3YD. Nearest tubes, either London Bridge or Borough.

Real Sharapova said:
The London Branch will be getting their fair share of Dutch Courage before the game at The Whitesmiths Arms, 37 Crosby Road, SE1 3YD. Nearest tubes, either London Bridge or Borough.

Crosby ROW. I think Borough is nearest, although from London Bridge you do have to walk between two parts of Guys Hospital which can be pleasing around shift-changing time.

From Borough, walk along Long Lane - Crosby Row is about 250 yds along on the left.

And before anybody asks, a whitesmith is just like a blacksmith except that he workd with different metals.

bocadillo said:
Crosby ROW. I think Borough is nearest, although from London Bridge you do have to walk between two parts of Guys Hospital which can be pleasing around shift-changing time.
You like those hunky doctors then????:icon_wink

Real Sharapova said:
You like those hunky doctors then????:icon_wink

eeerrr... I think I'll get off the tube at Borough.

wouldnt worry too much about millwall, it's no where near as bad as it used to be and i believe we have been in the limelight for trouble more than them this year. found out the other day of my mate who is head steward that leicester had the highest amount of arrests at away games. just dont ruin a possible good day out by having the wrong impression of millwall.

Ah the good old days at the old Den, with the 'alley of death' you had to walk down by the side of the ground and the pylon type structure in the middle of the away fans, last time we played there I got there late due to the trains, and I think Walshy was sent off - can anyone confirm this please?

lako42 said:
. found out the other day of my mate who is head steward that leicester had the highest amount of arrests at away games. just dont ruin a possible good day out by having the wrong impression of millwall.
Weird, that, I've been to most away games this season, and haven't seen any trouble at all.:confused:

Last edited:
highland fox said:
When I went I got off at New Cross Gate but that was for the Old Den

Last time i went we lost in a cup tie 2-0 (1985). Feckin dodgy hell hole could do with some anthrax being dropped on it.

Brauny Blue said:
Last time i went we lost in a cup tie 2-0 (1985). Feckin dodgy hell hole could do with some anthrax being dropped on it.

I think I was there,fecking weather was Baltic if I remember rightly.

highland fox said:
I think I was there,fecking weather was Baltic if I remember rightly.

Thats the one. I was wandering through Brixton hoping that i'd get out alive. I can't comment on the New Den, but anyone who went to the old one( cold blow lane) deserves a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566