MM interview on SSN shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which particular evidence is that? Evidence of his tenure at the Walkers?
I also referring to the evidence of him playing players out of position, good players seemingly demotivated, seeing him sat on the bench as Stoke without a clue as to what to do. I am referring to us being 3-0 down at Sheff U and him seeming to find it funny, I am referring to seeing us cave in to teams that are alongside us in the relegation zone.

But this is the the big one, and the clincher: The evidence I was referring to was the fact he's got two teams relegated to the third division.

I consider that fairly strong evidence for the negative.

The other spin could be along the lines of he has also got teams out of that division, and at Plymouth certainly (after time) he built a very good side....

The other spin could be along the lines of he has also got teams out of that division, and at Plymouth certainly (after time) he built a very good side....

Got promoted did they?

Very good sides win things.

I think, bearing in mind the resources, he did a great job at both QPR and Plymouth.

Perhaps this is Ian Holloway's place in the business - a motivator of players who don't consider themselves better than they really are.

No, but perhaps they may have had a better chance if Buzaksy, Ebanks-Blake and Norris had remained.

That's what happens with 'selling clubs'.

Not that we are ever likely to go down that route again. Oh no.

Last edited:
So we are sure that he is 'no good' then yeah? We are 'sure' about that?

Based on his record at Leicester, he is not merely 'no good'. He is a disaster.

I just hope that as soon as possible, things can be moved on and we have a manager in charge who is a little bit more focussed on football and slightly less interested in projecting his own image

Based on his record at Leicester, he is not merely 'no good'. He is a disaster.

I just hope that as soon as possible, things can be moved on and we have a manager in charge who is a little bit more focussed on football and slightly less interested in projecting his own image

For the purpose of debate, has Ian Holloway been particularly guilty of projecting his image? The BBC column is an interview after all, and he is contracted to that job I would imagine since prior to his time with us. I haven't seen him doing anything I believe would have got in the way I don't think..?

I think, bearing in mind the resources, he did a great job at both QPR and Plymouth.

Perhaps this is Ian Holloway's place in the business - a motivator of players who don't consider themselves better than they really are.

In this context, what are our players? :102:

How many times have we got to point the finger at managers :102: FFS no manager is perfect. Even, "God," O'Neil made some very poor signings; some Celtic fans don't share this "God" view they were disappointed with how he left very crap players on high wages and long term contracts such as Balde & Thompson.

Our fans are worse then Newcastle fans; Moan, Moan, Moan.... we should be bigger and better then were we are etc. So much negativity around the place this season as there was the previous 3 years. We aren't a premiership team, we are now a League 1 side. We have had some decent managers such as Allen, Megson, Worthington, Levien, Holloway.... the list can continue.

I post most the blame on the players, yes we made changes but the nucleaus of the squad is the same; Stearman, McAuley, Sheenan, Kisnorbo, Hume, Fryatt, De Vries, Levi & Weslowski... might be more. These players have been here for over 2 seasons. We have been around the 19th mark for 4 years, how were we meant to improve when most the players who finished 19th were still in the starting XI.

I don't anticipate us to win every game next season. This will probably lead to our fans chanting manager, after manager out. I just hope our fans don't boo us out of a quick return to the Championship.

I post most the blame on the players, yes we made changes but the nucleaus of the squad is the same; Stearman, McAuley, Sheenan, Kisnorbo, Hume, Fryatt, De Vries, Levi & Weslowski... might be more. These players have been here for over 2 seasons. We have been around the 19th mark for 4 years, how were we meant to improve when most the players who finished 19th were still in the starting XI.

I don't anticipate us to win every game next season. This will probably lead to our fans chanting manager, after manager out. I just hope our fans don't boo us out of a quick return to the Championship.

But which players would you say didn't pull their weight last season, it's not those on the above list with the exception of Fryatt.

We paid good money/wages for Campbell, Oakley, Clemence, N'Gotty & Howard - these are the ones who didn't earn their wages - if they had played as they did in Promotion winning sides the previous season, we wouldn't have gone down

We have had some decent managers such as Allen, Megson, Worthington, Levien, Holloway.... the list can continue.

I thought your posts were a bit too earnest to be capable of a wind up. Obviously I was wrong.

Worthington, Allen and Megson weren't around long enough for anyone to make any sound judgements whether they were decent or otherwise.

Levein clearly never got it as far as English football was concerned - but to be fair was charged by the Board with bringing down costs.

How anyone can describe Holloway as a "decent manager" fails me. As far as I am aware there has been only one Leicester City manager called 'Holloway' and that one talked about reaching the play offs; wasted loads of money; sat on his a-se when the team was being outplayed; has taken us into the fringes of English professional football.

All this crap about Holloway being anything but a disaster has become arcane - if ever there was a club and supporters suffering from the results of bad management then it's Leicester City. Decent managers don't put up with the half hearted efforts and blatant underperformance of players - they sort out the wrong attitudes. Holloway is clearly incapable of doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670