MM interview on SSN shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should keep Holloway because this is his level and it is probably our rightful level now.
That is the only half tolerable reason for keeping him IMO. He's a Division 3 Manager at best, and we're a Division 3 team.

That is the only half tolerable reason for keeping him IMO. He's a Division 3 Manager at best, and we're a Division 3 team.

Would still be rewarding failure though. The clown deserves no more chances. What happened last season was completely unnacceptable and the manager is ultimately responsible.

I thought your posts were a bit too earnest to be capable of a wind up. Obviously I was wrong.

Worthington, Allen and Megson weren't around long enough for anyone to make any sound judgements whether they were decent or otherwise.

Levein clearly never got it as far as English football was concerned - but to be fair was charged by the Board with bringing down costs.

How anyone can describe Holloway as a "decent manager" fails me. As far as I am aware there has been only one Leicester City manager called 'Holloway' and that one talked about reaching the play offs; wasted loads of money; sat on his a-se when the team was being outplayed; has taken us into the fringes of English professional football.

All this crap about Holloway being anything but a disaster has become arcane - if ever there was a club and supporters suffering from the results of bad management then it's Leicester City. Decent managers don't put up with the half hearted efforts and blatant underperformance of players - they sort out the wrong attitudes. Holloway is clearly incapable of doing this.

Thats the problem with people like you Redditch, you are a fence sitter. Come on, what do you think about holloway really? :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Would still be rewarding failure though. The clown deserves no more chances. What happened last season was completely unnacceptable and the manager is ultimately responsible.
I'm not saying he should be kept on, far from it. But that could be the only argument he has in his favour, and even that's one of the weakest arguments ever.

Thats the problem with people like you Redditch, you are a fence sitter. Come on, what do you think about holloway really? :icon_bigg :icon_wink

I just think we need to show patience - allow him to continue for as long as he likes. Encourage him by waving our shoes after every defeat - and I'm sure that he will in time develop into a new Fergie. I can already see so many similarities between Ollie and Fergie and also with the late Bill Shankley.

I just think we need to show patience - allow him to continue for as long as he likes. Encourage him by waving our shoes after every defeat - and I'm sure that he will in time develop into a new Fergie. I can already see so many similarities between Ollie and Fergie and also with the late Bill Shankley.

:038: :icon_lol: I knew you loved him really. :icon_wink Biff is the same as you, just wants him out.

I'm not saying he should be kept on, far from it. But that could be the only argument he has in his favour, and even that's one of the weakest arguments ever.

A stronger argument would be that IH being in post at least prevents us appointing a total loon in his place, i.e. Taggart, Walsh, Grayson.

Grayson being linked with us makes me more supportive of those who want to keep IH. He'd be an absolute disaster here. If IH is out of his depth here, gawd knows what that makes SG. Talk about a thicko whose got lucky so far.

If Colin Calderwood can get Florist up, and Gary McAllister can get Leeds to the verge of being up, IH can get us up. He's a much better manager than those two imo.

A stronger argument would be that IH being in post at least prevents us appointing a total loon in his place, i.e. Taggart, Walsh, Grayson.

Grayson being linked with us makes me more supportive of those who want to keep IH. He'd be an absolute disaster here. If IH is out of his depth here, gawd knows what that makes SG. Talk about a thicko whose got lucky so far.

If Colin Calderwood can get Florist up, and Gary McAllister can get Leeds to the verge of being up, IH can get us up. He's a much better manager than those two imo.

Wise the **** did it all at Leeds

IH isn't even as good as those managers you are copmparing him favourably to.

He is an imbecile who got us relegated

Sorry BN you usually talk a fair amount of sense but that paragraph regarding Grayson is absolute bullsh1t. The bloke hasn't been lucky, he took Blackpool over when they were deep in relegation trouble, saved them then got them promoted via the play offs in his first full season and then with very limited resources kept them in the championship, something that Holloway failed to do at a club with superb resources. He has done this by being astute in the transfer market and by selecting a superb backroom team.

Granted I am far from convinced he is going to the next Martin O'Neill but IMO out of all the fairly recent ex players he does seem to be the one who has demonstrated that he maybe has what it takes to forge a decent career in management. I would pick Grayson over Holloway every time.

Last edited:
We really need to shake the MON thing....

Agree with that, I was playing football with a villa fan last night and was thinking i don't want to hear about how good oneill is.

We are not going to get another oneill and even since he was incharge the game has changed there is a lot more money needed to compete at the top level.

We need to get a competent manager who has achieved some success at the level we are at or in the division below. A bit like oneil and little had. Allen hadn't he hadn't got a team promoted. Managers like Dave Penney or Steve Tilson Spring to mind.

We really need to shake the MON thing....

Agree with that, I was playing football with a villa fan last night and was thinking i don't want to hear about how good oneill is.

We are not going to get another oneill and even since he was incharge the game has changed there is a lot more money needed to compete at the top level.

We need to get a competent manager who has achieved some success at the level we are at or in the division below. A bit like oneil and little had. Allen hadn't he hadn't got a team promoted. Managers like Dave Penney or Steve Tilson Spring to mind.

I wasn't saying we needed an O'Neill type, I was singing the praises of Grayson and what he had achieved since entering management and that I think he would be ideal in our current plight, proven record at league one level, but at the same time I was trying to maintain some persepective by saying that whilst I think Grayson has done very well, I am not trying to say he will be some sort of managerial messiah.

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be a dig, I meant it for all really. Our club has lived under the shadow of MON's success for far too long!

I wasn't saying we needed an O'Neill type, I was singing the praises of Grayson and what he had achieved since entering management and that I think he would be ideal in our current plight, proven record at league one level, but at the same time I was trying to maintain some persepective by saying that whilst I think Grayson has done very well, I am not trying to say he will be some sort of managerial messiah.

I don't disagree with you either. Grayson has done a good job and i think would be a good choice. I was talking in general not just aimed at your post.

Grayson is not what LCFC need right now, he is at the start of his manger career and I agree that the signs are looking good. But he is not proven at all, one and a bit seasons in league one is not proven and would be a massive gamble. He has done a good job, but I just feel we need a more experienced manager that has been there and done it, someone that can settle the ship and get us out of fizzy one.
Obviously easier said that done and not got a clue who would come here with a record that we need.

I have always thought Dave Penney should've been looked at at previous time when the job has been available. He did a great job at doncastor and has got darlington to the playoffs this year. His win % over his career is around 50% which is a great record.

He has experience of this league and the league below and from what I saw of donny when he was there they tried to play football.

I would be suprised if Milan went for such a manager but i feel he is th type of manager we should be looking at.

I feel left out of this conversation because I can't throw a random name in and say that he would do a good job.

Oh sod it, Frank Clark, there you go, he'll do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669