Money Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
My missus is the youngest but has always been the least spoilt.

A few years ago her parents said she was the only one they didn't have worries about, shes pretty grounded.

Her sister is 31 and just had a stack of cash because they couldn;t afford the house they wanted, the same for her brother who is 27.

I think she respects my thoughts and understands where i am coming from.

As long you don't have to perform 'special favours' at Christmas and/or Fathers Day then take the cash

Even then, it might be worth it depending on how much money we are talking about......

It's a considerable 5 figure some.

I knew the answer really homer,you always come across on here has an understanding person,always keen to hear the other side of the argument and prepared to change your opinion...

You ask an honest question and get an honest answer, but still there's cause for belittlement :102:

I just won't bother next time :icon_roll

maybe her old man didnt want to leave her out considering he gave the other 2 money but is he the sort to bear a grudge if you decline his offer :102:

You ask an honest question and get an honest answer, but still there's cause for belittlement :102:

I just won't bother next time :icon_roll

Oh don't be like that,I can't believe you would feel belittled by me:icon_roll

7 if you include the decimals.

I don't think he'll bare a grudge, i think he'll be surprised.

I was in the lounge when my missus was on the phone to him, he said i'll give you some money for a houses, she quickly replied, you'll have to speak to Andrew about that, so i guess he might have an inkling of my thoughts.

7 if you include the decimals.

I don't think he'll bare a grudge, i think he'll be surprised.

I was in the lounge when my missus was on the phone to him, he said i'll give you some money for a houses, she quickly replied, you'll have to speak to Andrew about that, so i guess he might have an inkling of my thoughts.

Who's Andrew?

I Wouldn't take the money, even if i needed it. I too like to do things on my own. Also even if nothing was expected in return, i would feel obligated to repay it in some way.

Another consideration though, and i don't want to be morbid, is that if his daughter is going to inherit the money when he dies, it would be subject to inheritance tax. is this 'gift' a way of avoiding that?

I Wouldn't take the money, even if i needed it. I too like to do things on my own. Also even if nothing was expected in return, i would feel obligated to repay it in some way.

Another consideration though, and i don't want to be morbid, is that if his daughter is going to inherit the money when he dies, it would be subject to inheritance tax. is this 'gift' a way of avoiding that?

Fecking hell Feriol,The old boy hasn't seen his youngest daughter wed yet and you have got him dead and buried and they are reading out the will:icon_roll

The money he has offered is a drop in the ocean......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669