Money Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current mrs Mk's parents sound similar.
Their arguement is she'll get the cash whatever, but have some now so they can see us enjoying it now and save a wedge on inheritance tax when the day comes.

Ask yourself this Drew...... he is not giving you the money he is giving it to his daughter. You only benefit from it because you are with his daughter.

I would take the money and look upon it as your wife / Girlfriends contribution to costs of setting a new or bigger house up. There will be no strings attatched and you will not be in debt to anyone. Just make sure he does not die within seven years of giving it to you otherwise you will have a good chunk of tax to pay on it.

The way property has gone over the years soon it will be near on impossible for anyone to buy a house without some sort of help

you only talk to one of the six??

Yeah,I talk to one of my brothers,two I haven't seen nor spoke to in ten years along with my two sisters and the other brother I fell out with about a year ago...Why is that funny ?:icon_conf

I Wouldn't take the money, even if i needed it. I too like to do things on my own. Also even if nothing was expected in return, i would feel obligated to repay it in some way.

Another consideration though, and i don't want to be morbid, is that if his daughter is going to inherit the money when he dies, it would be subject to inheritance tax. is this 'gift' a way of avoiding that?

above and beyond £300K (or thereabouts) and then its 40%. This only kicks in if he snuffs it within 7 years of giving it as a gift. You would nead a clever and expensive lawyer to prevent this by setting up the will correctly. I have just been all through this recently and it fecking opened my eyes, this bastard government strips you bear even in death

Yeah,I talk to one of my brothers,two I haven't seen nor spoke to in ten years along with my two sisters and the other brother I fell out with about a year ago...Why is that funny ?:icon_conf

Because you are a nutter & the only one out of the six that you talk to is yourself, well that was the joke anyway.

It does lose some steam though when you examine it too much.

Because you are a nutter & the only one out of the six that you talk to is yourself, well that was the joke anyway.

But if you include me there is seven :icon_conf:102:

Thats a bit harsh on HF.......

I refer the dishonourable member to the reply I gave some moments ago.

But theres seven of us and I said if they sat next to me and not if they talked to me,I just don't understand the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669