New F1 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Looking forward to 2009 season. Be interested to see how the aero changes effect the field.

BBC have announced some impressive coverage features via the red button. But no HD AGAIN!!!!

Looking forward to 2009 season. Be interested to see how the aero changes effect the field.

BBC have announced some impressive coverage features via the red button. But no HD AGAIN!!!!

Think the 1st few races will be difficult to predict and then it will start to settle down as the big budgets come through.

Be interesting to see how they deal with hondas points if as planned they start as Honda for the 1st 4 races then become Virgin after that, surely they won't be allowed to keep any points won early on will they?:102:

Not looked forward to a season as much as this for a long time.

Be interesting to see how Hamilton does in retaining his title under the new circumstances.

Think the 1st few races will be difficult to predict and then it will start to settle down as the big budgets come through.

Be interesting to see how they deal with hondas points if as planned they start as Honda for the 1st 4 races then become Virgin after that, surely they won't be allowed to keep any points won early on will they?:102:

I doubt they'll have to worry too much about any Honda points :)

I doubt they'll have to worry too much about any Honda points :)

Hmmm ive heard on fairly good authority that they have a decentish car and have worked towards these changes a lot longer than most other teams. Think the pre-season turmoil may well put an end to that though.

BMW are the dark horses apparantly due to the fact that they have the only completely in house team. Overall ferrari are favourites due to having the best CURS (or whatever its called) system.

Hmmm ive heard on fairly good authority that they have a decentish car and have worked towards these changes a lot longer than most other teams. Think the pre-season turmoil may well put an end to that though.

BMW are the dark horses apparantly due to the fact that they have the only completely in house team. Overall ferrari are favourites due to having the best CURS (or whatever its called) system.

Would disagree. Ferrari have struggled with KERS, Williams are the pace setter there IMO. Honda are alleged to have a good car every year. Never materializes. Plus they've done no testing. Can't quite work out why they'd want mercedes engines in a Honda even for 4 races.

Would disagree. Ferrari have struggled with KERS, Williams are the pace setter there IMO. ...........

Def agree ive heard Williams could be good this season. I have heard very recently that Ferraris have seriously sorted the KERS (cheers for that!) out and will be well ahead of everyone else.

Def agree ive heard Williams could be good this season. I have heard very recently that Ferraris have seriously sorted the KERS (cheers for that!) out and will be well ahead of everyone else.

I suspect KERS is a bit of a red herring this year tbh anyway.

What makes you think that?

I dont think it will have any noticeable impact on racing/lap times. The weight of the kit almost wholly negates the benefit of a few seconds boost to the extent many teams are considering not running it until they improve the tech or are forced to use it.

Even with all the changes Hamilton has to be favourite to win it again. The FIA kept butting in all last season and without them docking positions he would have strolled it. It will be nice to watch the whole race without adverts, althought to be fair to ITV I cant remember missing anything important during an advert (Unlike football).

I should hopefully be buying tickets for the Monaco grand prix in the next couple of weeks :)

Even with all the changes Hamilton has to be favourite to win it again. The FIA kept butting in all last season and without them docking positions he would have strolled it. It will be nice to watch the whole race without adverts, althought to be fair to ITV I cant remember missing anything important during an advert (Unlike football).

I should hopefully be buying tickets for the Monaco grand prix in the next couple of weeks :)

BBC are doing some good features via the red button, customisable views with in car cameras and leaderboards etc.

Stop rubbing it in about Monaco :icon_sad:

Bloody hell I would love to go to Monaco!

The only down side is tickets start from £250 :(

Nice. where you gonna stay?

The old man has paid for a weeks holiday in a villa just outside Monaco. It just so happened it was the same week as the GP. As my gf is an avid F1 fan it would have been cruel to have been so close and not have gone. Although i am making her pay for her own ticket, I'm not that nice :icon_bigg

Fear not, Scarby!!!!

I have spent some time doing some pretty intensive research on this topic. Here are my results:

The first race is........Sunday March 29th 2009

Of all the places to look, I eventually found the info here:

http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar.html

The question is who is more of a fool? Scarby for posting it in the first place or you for answering the question?

The question is who is more of a fool? Scarby for posting it in the first place or you for answering the question?
TBH, the 8 seconds I spent looking was no great hardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566