New OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is no right or wrong answer to it. As with any creative work it is a matter of opinion and everyone has a different one of those. My opinion is that it is ok, sure it can be improved but first impressions were good and i was easily able to navigate my way to where I wanted so I do not have any issues with it.

As with any creative work it is a matter of opinion and everyone has a different one of those.

So why do you have such a huge problem understanding your own statement?

Not a fan of the overall design, but I quite like the player profile section. I think they have tried to put too much on the home page, so users have to scroll quite a bit, even worse on a mobile I bet.

So why do you have such a huge problem understanding your own statement?

I don't, I haven't said anyone is wrong, I'm just giving the reasons why I think it is ok.

If it was a pink background with bright yellow and green text (anyone remember the old skin like that on here) then yes, I could understand the criticism but black text on a white background couldnt be much simpler or easy to read in my opinion, unless you take my opinions as being factually correct that is.

The days of optimising websites for one particular browser or device are long gone (they should be anyway).

Yes, but the structure should be designed in a way that it is at least usable on whatever device can access it. I'm not a fan of different versions for different devices. A couple of hours forethought at the design stage is all that's needed, then style it to the device.

But there is no right or wrong answer to it. As with any creative work it is a matter of opinion and everyone has a different one of those. My opinion is that it is ok, sure it can be improved but first impressions were good and i was easily able to navigate my way to where I wanted so I do not have any issues with it.

And other peoples' opinion is just them having a moan and therefore not valid....

Yes, but the structure should be designed in a way that it is at least usable on whatever device can access it. I'm not a fan of different versions for different devices. A couple of hours forethought at the design stage is all that's needed, then style it to the device.

Too right, I ****ing hate our mobile site, and were it not for contractual obligations, I'd have put the knife in it long ago.

The player profile is actually pretty good. Nice that you can go back and look at their stats season by season, which I don't think it had before.

The actual design is still bad though. As someone else said, tried to cram way too much on the homepage. A lot of people do, but it's done in a really messy and clumsy way.

Has Player stayed the same? Still looks the same on mine.

Last edited:
Definitely doesn't look finished. Clicked the Facebook link and it took me to the LCFC homepage because they haven't linked it properly. Read the Knockaert story and had to hit read more at the bottom just to get one extra line on a long post.... I'm sure they'll still be working on it, but it does seem weird to launch it in the mess it's in.

Yep, definitely still not working properly.

From Facebook:

[h=6]LCFC Official
[/h][h=6]Apologies for the random status update earlier, we have been testing a new website feature...hopefully it works better next time![/h]

Has Player stayed the same? Still looks the same on mine.

The URL and the login system for Player has changed. The login system used to be Flash based, so this is an improvement

The URL and the login system for Player has changed. The login system used to be Flash based, so this is an improvement

So I can listen from my iPhone now?

That is a big plus, so fair play to them for sorting that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669