New OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it last night on my laptop, but today I can't. My phone shows the new one. Weird.

This is pissing me off now, I am trying to consistently view the new style and it is flicking between the old and the new. I have flushed my DNS but FireFox will not play ball.

It's not perfect, but it looks a damn site better on mine now.

reformat.jpg

I've also dropped the Twitter feed and annoying auto-load videos.

Last edited:
Last edited:
sight? Or was it a pun?

How do you do that?

Erm, it was a pun :zip:

Are you using Firefox? This won't work in Chrome though there is probably a plugin that lets you use your own CSS file.

For FireFox:
  1. Open a new tab and type in about:support in the address bar
  2. Click Show Folder button
  3. Open the folder called chrome (if it doesn't exist, create it, I don't know why it is called chrome)
  4. Create a new text file called userContent.css (if it already exists, open it up)
  5. Copy and paste the following content into the file, save it, restart FireFox.

Code:
/*LCFC.com*/
@-moz-document domain(lcfc.com) { 

body{
		font-family:'Verdana' !important;
		font-size:62.5% !important;
	}
	h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, em, ul#primary_navigation li{
		font-family:'Verdana' !important;
	}
	div#gradient_bg{background:none !important;background-color:#e4e4f4 !important;}
	div.page ul li.sub_stories {
		background-color:#e4e4f4 !important;
		margin:0px !important;
		padding:15px !important;
	}
	div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories{
		margin-left:15px !important;
		width:280px !important;
	}
	div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories li{padding:15px !important;}
	div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories li:nth-child(2n){
		background-color:#e4e4f4 !important;
	}
	#club_tweets, aside.col4, div#ClubSponsors_league_sponsor, #cpa_commercial, #cpa_clubteam{
		display:none !important;
	}
	div.page ul li a{opacity:0.3 !important;}
	div.page ul li a:hover{opacity:1 !important;}	
	}
}

Last edited:
I use Chrome.

Anybody know how to do it in Chrome?

Because I am nice:
  1. Install the extension StyleBot
  2. Go to the website and click the CSS icon on the right of the URL bar
  3. At the bottom, click Edit CSS
  4. Copy and paste this (not the one above) and click save

Code:
body {
    font-family: 'Verdana' ;
    font-size: 62.5% ;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, em, ul#primary_navigation li {
    font-family: 'Verdana' ;
}

div#gradient_bg {
    background: none ;
    background-color: #e4e4f4 ;
}

div.page ul li.sub_stories {
    margin: 0px ;
    padding: 15px ;
}

div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories {
    margin-left: 15px ;
    width: 280px ;
}

div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories li {
    padding: 15px ;
}

div.page ul li.additional_sub_stories li:nth-child(2n) {
}

#club_tweets, aside.col4, div#ClubSponsors_league_sponsor, #cpa_commercial, #cpa_clubteam {
    display: none ;
}

div.page ul li a {
    opacity: 0.3 ;
}

div.page ul li a:hover {
    opacity: 1 ;
}

Just noticed the faded image effect I put on doesn't work properly in Chrome but it's not vital. If it is annoying just delete

Code:
div.page ul li a {
    opacity: 0.3 ;
}

div.page ul li a:hover {
    opacity: 1 ;
}

from the end

Looks pretty shocking - why wouldn't they build and populate it offline and transfer it over once that's been successfully completed?Building the site while live is unnecessary and amateurish.

I would have much preferred they focused their efforts on building an iPhone/Android app for Foxes World so I can listen to the matches away from a computer (living in Birmingham radio Leicester signal is very patchy).

Bloody useless.

I know that.

I would - but they seem to have reverted to the old version of the OS.

That explains why it looks the same to me then and I couldn't understand what everyone here was talking about.

Looks pretty shocking - why wouldn't they build and populate it offline and transfer it over once that's been successfully completed?Building the site while live is unnecessary and amateurish.

They've been able to test it for a couple of months now - I posted a link to the "secret" test site a while ago.
The clubs were given a deadline to go live, and I know some other clubs felt they were forced into doing it before they were ready.

There have been issues with the system crashing, and I think importing a lot of old pages into the new site was causing a lot of problems, which is why sites have gone live without most of their old content.

They've been able to test it for a couple of months now - I posted a link to the "secret" test site a while ago.
The clubs were given a deadline to go live, and I know some other clubs felt they were forced into doing it before they were ready.

There have been issues with the system crashing, and I think importing a lot of old pages into the new site was causing a lot of problems, which is why sites have gone live without most of their old content.

Hence why I was confused - I saw the site several weeks ago* and just assumed everyone had bigger things to moan/worry about.

(*Obviously I knew, but I couldn't tell you all. Just because.)

Looks like my first attempt at a Myspace page.People seriously get paid to do this sort of thing? The world makes no sense.

Gotta say I agree with most of what's been said on here, looks like a clusterfuck. In its' defence though, the team profile pages are much improved.

It's not entirely the club's fault that they're lumped with this god awful contract. But from working at a club deep into a new re-design I can say the whole process has been completely amateurish from the Football League.

But as an aside, our social media usage is, and was all of last season, embarrassing. Whoever runs the Twitter account is an utter moron seemingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669