Next season's Championship line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Championship Taking Shape(now sorted)

Some good games ahead home and away :038::038::038::038:

Tough season ahead. I think all this play off chat should be quickly nipped in the bud. Finish between 10 - 16 with further signs of progression and without any real danger of going down and we have had a good season.

Re: Championship Taking Shape

Bloody difficult league!!!!!!! We'll do well to finish mid table.

Newcastle Away first game would be fantastic. It'd feel like a proper Premiership game for the fans, and hopefully the players would step up to the Championship in style.

Definetely, definetely don't want Newcastle to kick off the season.

It's important to get the momentum going (or keep it going) and get a good start to the season, so I'd like us to get an easy a game as possible to kick off the season.

It is a very strong league though, and I completely agree with Pontus. A mid table finish, without any threat of relegation, would be a good season in my eyes.

Early odds on the betting websites... Coral have us at 15th "favourites" to win the league with odds of 33/1.
Sky Bet have us 11th at 25/1. Ladbrokes have us 12th at 25/1. William Hill has us at 25/1 too.

All of them have Newcastle down as favourites, West Brom 2nd and most have Boro 3rd... although strangely with William Hill, they have Ipswich at shorter odds than Boro... why?

Last edited:

Because they have already taken money for them and don't want anymore.

Okay, let me rephrase... why are Ipswich so strongly fancied this year?

Just because of Roy Keane?

Well he did take Sunderland straight up.I think they will do well

Home form will obviously be vital seeing as we never get anything at places like Ipswich and Plymouth.....

I reckon;

Up- Borough and WBA
Play offs - Sheff U

Overachievers - P'boro
Underachievers - Reading/Newcastle

Down - Barnsley, Bristol, Plymouth

Us - 14th infact I reckon Leicester, Forest, Derby and Cov will all finish mid-table

West Brom, Sheffield Utd and, probably, Ipswich look like probable contenders. No-one really stands out from the rest - Boro and Newcastle have entirely the wrong set of players and will also face massive upheaval - so I reckon we've as good a chance as any of the others in finishing in the top 6.

Home form will obviously be vital seeing as we never get anything at places like Ipswich and Plymouth.....

I reckon;

Up- Borough and WBA
Play offs - Sheff U

Overachievers - P'boro
Underachievers - Reading/Newcastle

Down - Barnsley, Bristol, Plymouth

Us - 14th infact I reckon Leicester, Forest, Derby and Cov will all finish mid-table

Automatic - West Brom, Bristol City
Play-offs - Preston

Overachievers - Doncaster Rovers (theyll make the play-offs i think, if they hadnt been so far adrift at the bottom at Xmas, over the 2nd half of the season they finished 2nd)

Underachievers - Newcastle United & Middlesbrough (if they keep Shearer and Southgate as managers) also i cant see Reading up to much now Coppell has gone

Relegated - Watford, Plymouth, Blackpool

Leicester - 11th

I guess we have different opinions on Bristol City :icon_wink Just out of curiosity, why do you think theyll go down? Theyve done well the past couple of season since they got promoted and i rate Johnson as the best manager outside the Prem.

Last edited:

Watford if they keep hold of Brendan Rodgers will be right up there IMO,they improved a lot since he took over

But a very poor manager.

Debatable IMO as he was heralded the previous season as a young, English manager. Cuts had to be made and they were, difficult to see how they could have got of it really.

Watford if they keep hold of Brendan Rodgers will be right up there IMO,they improved a lot since he took over

I reckon he'll be at Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570