Next season's Championship line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Championship Taking Shape

Debatable IMO as he was heralded the previous season as a young, English manager. Cuts had to be made and they were, difficult to see how they could have got of it really.

Cuts had to be made? Why did they spend an all-time club record of 12million on one player then? :102:

Last edited:

Watford if they keep hold of Brendan Rodgers will be right up there IMO,they improved a lot since he took over

Rumours still that he's going to Reading.

I think Boro will stay down, Newcastle will go up but will start the season badly, and probably only go up through the playoffs.

West Brom will go up automatically (they seem like they're going to yo-yo forever) with Reading.

Relegated will be Scunthorpe, Watford and Plymouth

We'll finish 12th

I would bet my entire life-savings Newcastle will not go up, or even make the play-offs if Shearer is still manager.

Rumours still that he's going to Reading.

I think Boro will stay down, Newcastle will go up but will start the season badly, and probably only go up through the playoffs.

West Brom will go up automatically (they seem like they're going to yo-yo forever) with Reading.

Relegated will be Scunthorpe, Watford and Plymouth

We'll finish 12th

I think West Brom will be the most dangerous of the relegated sides. I can see Newcastle having a few bad years to be honest, they've got an horrendous wage bill and they are going to lose serious money, one way or another. Boro have something to build on but I can't see them competing with teams 'on the up'.

I think it will be a bit of a surprise season. Leicester (blue tinted glasses taken off) will want to maintain their rise and have reasonable backing to do that so I expect to see us in the top half at least. Peterborough too.

Blackpool, Plymouth, Barnsley to go down for me. Champs, I'd plump for WBA but the rest I think will be open to a few teams.

mid table for us me thinks which wouldnt be that bad at all

Here we go, were are all football pundits this week, experts on a very difficult division, a division we should not be in because it's full of good teams.

Well I'm saying we will finish strong, and at the right end of the table.

To start a season not thinking we are going to win it, is the day I give up going. I never go to a match thinking we will win or lose either. I go to watch us win!

Fecking losers the lot of you!

Last edited:

Here we go, were are all football pundits this week, experts on a very difficult division, a division we should not be in because it's full of good teams.

To start a season not thinking we are going to win it, is the day I give up going. I never go to a match thinking we will win or lose either. I go to watch us win!

I sometimes think we are the only two people who actually have any optomism on this forum. There are only 2 teams in the Fizzy next season who are carrying any significant momentum into the league, and we are one of them.

No team should be any better than us next year if we improve the right areas with the right players and maintain the right attitude which thankfully the management and owners seem to have but the fans lack.

Bring on one and all next season, because we can beat any of them on our day.

I sometimes think we are the only two people who actually have any optomism on this forum. There are only 2 teams in the Fizzy next season who are carrying any significant momentum into the league, and we are one of them.

No team should be any better than us next year if we improve the right areas with the right players and maintain the right attitude which thankfully the management and owners seem to have but the fans lack.

:038::038::038::038::038:

Its the **** factor, I don't mind looking like a **** when things go tits up, I stand by my team. Others can stand there saying "well I told you so", which in turn makes them *****.

Fair enough, but lLike someone else said earlier, heart says play-offs, head says mid-table. I am certain that with NP in charge promotion at first try is more than possible and its nice to see talk of ambition from MM and NP that theyll "give it a good go" but i just look at Swanseas season this year and am using that as the yard-stick i guess.

Last edited:

Excuse me, i have optimism!

:102:

Boro will win it IMO. We have a shot at the play offs if we bring some quality in over the summer.

Excuse me, i have optimism!

:102:

I never said you didn't, If you look closely I made a shrewd spelling mistake so that when people pipe up and say they have optimism I can avoid an argument.

We go into next season with a positive mental attitiude (unlike some on here) and a team used to winning. Some shrewd signings to add to the quality we already have and that should enable us to hit the ground running. Top 2 finish for me.

I am confident we will do well. We certainly have a management team and infrastructure and winning mentality that is as good as any in this division.

The only disadvantage we have is that there are 6 teams here with parachute payments that may have a financial advantage over us in the transfer market.

A few good season long loans like last season could offset that, and Newcastle might go into financial meltdown anyway if they cannot offload most of their 15 x £50,000+ contracts.

We will go up though the play offs this coming season ,i don't want to have to sit and watch anther team go up in the final again.

I still feel we need a few players if we are to stay up, however if we do get a few players in then there is every chance that we can get mid table. I think promotion is very unlikely as I think it is going to be the toughest Championship season probably since its existance. If we get promoted then I will be shocked and never show my face on here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669