Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I start a confirmed transfer thread?.....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/865553/SOUSA-SET-TO-BECOME-LEICESTER-BOSS.html

SOUSA SET TO BECOME LEICESTER BOSS

SOUSA: Swansea boss set to depart
03/07/2010

PAULO SOUSA will be named as Leicester's new boss this week.

The Foxes have agreed to hand Sousa a two-year deal and he will be confirmed as soon as a compensation package is sorted out with his current club Swansea.

The Portuguese two-time Champions League winner was top of Milan Mandaric's wish-list for the post.

Sousa, 39, has impressed at Championship outfit Swansea but failed to land a play-off spot after looking nailed on for a top-six place for most of the season.

A failure to land his transfer targets due to a lack of cash caught up with the Swans in the final weeks of the campaign as his thin squad struggled for results.

But once compensation is agreed he will be handed cash at the Walker Stadium to build on the work Nigel Pearson started before leaving for Hull.

Sousa has plenty of football experience having played for Juventus, inter Milan and Benfica in a sparkling playing career.

Re: sousa in

The deal clearly ISN'T done, is it? There has been a quote from the Swansea Chairman stating no approach has been made and it is common/assumed knowledge that Milan is out of the country approaching an out of work manager. If the 'deal is done' and 'Sousa has signed' why the **** is our Chairman approaching other managers? Is he ****ing mental? Do we need two managers? Stop talking shit, til it's reasonable safe to talk shit. Worse than Stringer you are, mate. I thought you were ****ing off after the season had finished.

Bit harsh on old JasyPants all this. To be fair to him the Article does say it's a done deal.

I can't seem to find any bookies offering odds on this at the moment. Anyone else?

The deal clearly ISN'T done, is it? There has been a quote from the Swansea Chairman stating no approach has been made and it is common/assumed knowledge that Milan is out of the country approaching an out of work manager. If the 'deal is done' and 'Sousa has signed' why the **** is our Chairman approaching other managers? Is he ****ing mental? Do we need two managers? Stop talking shit, til it's reasonable safe to talk shit. Worse than Stringer you are, mate. I thought you were ****ing off after the season had finished.

Did the Swansea chairman say no approach had been made yesterday? No
Did Mandaric say it was an out of work manager? No

On this occasion it's you that's talking shit pal.

Did the Swansea chairman say no approach had been made yesterday? No

eeerrr.... Maybe not yesterday, but he did the day before:

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2083561,00.html

Club statement from chairman Huw Jenkins

Following the recent speculation regarding the future of manager Paulo Sousa, I feel it is necessary to reiterate that Swansea City Football Club has not received an approach, in any shape or form, from Leicester City or any other club for his potential services at this time.

Maybe the Swansea chairman is out of he country and it's him that MM has gone to talk to :102:

I need to know the flight number and what Milan ate on the flight. Stringer......?

I need to know the flight number and what Milan ate on the flight. Stringer......?

I'll put his name into our system at work tomorrow and see if I can shed any light on the matter.

victor chandler offering 1/3 right now

glyn asked, ive put 500 on its a done deal, if i had more i would put more on. i suggest you all do the same, if not, you will lose out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669