NFL 2011 Season (plus NCAA stuff too for anyone else who watches it too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN are currently running a series called 'NFL Any Era Team'. In it, they list 20 players currently playing who could have played in any era (just in case it needed any explanation). At number 19, the have Tim Tebow. What the feck? :017:

The list so far (it's being gradually released):

No. 20: Colts QB Peyton Manning
No. 19: Broncos QB Tim Tebow
No. 18: Lions DT Ndamukong Suh
No. 17: Colts DE Dwight Freeney
No. 16: Vikings DE Jared Allen
No. 15: Jets DB Darrelle Revis
No. 14: Ravens RB Ray Rice
No. 13: Ravens S Ed Reed
No. 12: Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware
No. 11: Patriots QB Tom Brady
No. 10: Steelers LB James Harrison
No. 9: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
:icon_conf

The list so far (it's being gradually released):

No. 20: Colts QB Peyton Manning
No. 19: Broncos QB Tim Tebow
No. 18: Lions DT Ndamukong Suh
No. 17: Colts DE Dwight Freeney
No. 16: Vikings DE Jared Allen
No. 15: Jets DB Darrelle Revis
No. 14: Ravens RB Ray Rice
No. 13: Ravens S Ed Reed
No. 12: Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware
No. 11: Patriots QB Tom Brady
No. 10: Steelers LB James Harrison
No. 9: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
:icon_conf
Hmm. Caleb Hanie and Shane Lechler must be top 8 then.

Hmm. Caleb Hanie and Shane Lechler must be top 8 then.

Top 4 I assume BM, they're not in numbers 8-5.....

No. 8: Steelers WR Hines Ward
No. 7: 49ers LB Patrick Willis
No. 6: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson
No. 5: Bears LB Brian Urlacher

Any guesses for top 4 before they come out tomorrow?

The only elite QB I can think of that hasn't been named yet is Drew Brees, but I'd struggle to think he should be this high if Brady & Manning are that low.

The two best receivers in the league are probably Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson, I could certainly see Johnson being listed.

Running backs? Arian Foster?

They already have probably the best CB in the league (Revis) so I can't see any more of these.

I don't know. Troy Polamalu? He's not had the greatest season though.

Given that you're still up and posting BM, I assume you're also watching the Superbowl? First half thoughts?

Given that you're still up and posting BM, I assume you're also watching the Superbowl? First half thoughts?
I was watching but didn't see this. I assumed everyone was in bed. Patriots were incredibly lucky to go into half time in front. They made some ridiculous errors. Intentional grounding in your own end zone? 12 men on the field? ****'s sake. Second half was better. Tense finish. Good game. Right result.

I was watching but didn't see this. I assumed everyone was in bed. Patriots were incredibly lucky to go into half time in front. They made some ridiculous errors. Intentional grounding in your own end zone? 12 men on the field? ****'s sake. Second half was better. Tense finish. Good game. Right result.

I'd say that is a pretty accurate summary. I was knackered by the end but couldn't stop watching as it was a riveting finish. Massive play when Welker dropped that catch late on, followed shortly after by the huge catch by Manningham from a perfect throw by Manning. Those two plays were vital at the end in deciding the outcome.

Maybe it was just me but I thought this past Superbowl was one of the dullest in many a year.

Maybe it was just me but I thought this past Superbowl was one of the dullest in many a year.

I agree that the first half was dull, but I'd argue that by the end it was sport at its best. It was tense, exciting, went down to the wire and ultimately came down to a handful of key plays.

Hey MA, I guess I should have posted it here. I've just been reading an article on Urban Meyer on the SportingNews website that I linked to from NFL.com. Then I looked at your sig and noticed it's (presumably) where you work. Big fans of Mr Meyer at your place eh

Hey MA, I guess I should have posted it here. I've just been reading an article on Urban Meyer on the SportingNews website that I linked to from NFL.com. Then I looked at your sig and noticed it's (presumably) where you work. Big fans of Mr Meyer at your place eh

Matt (Hayes) the writer is a pretty controversial guy on the staff.

Meyer tends to polarize people, especially after the whole "retirement" fiasco.

Matt (Hayes) the writer is a pretty controversial guy on the staff.

Meyer tends to polarize people, especially after the whole "retirement" fiasco.

That always seemed an odd one, even when he left Florida, let alone when he came back at OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566