Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the first time you've made such bold proclamations Marky boy. Let's hope it isn't utter bollocks this time, eh?

Of course it is. Einstein defied madness as expecting different results from the same action, I urge you not to fall into this trap with MarkyP's posts

She's not a huge tweeter, but she does tweet when necessary. I spoke to her in Sweden and she said new signing on Friday. That Friday we signed Pantsil.

I spoke to her on the plane on the way home on the Tuesday. We were talking about the new signings and she said that she expected a defender to arrive on the following Friday. When I told her it was John Pantsil, her jaw dropped and she said, "I thought it was supposed to be a secret".

Nice girl though - not at all like the impression you get of her off the telly - and definitely a City fan.

She cheers me up, too. But surely she's a hardcore Scunny fan. I believe she has a tattoo somewhere to that effect.

I'll have to ask her about that if I meet her again.

I will say though that her and Stringer both seemed to be working very hard out there. Only a few days before the trip, it seemed that there would be no coverage for the City fans at home - but both of them turned up with their own equipment and no support. The facilities at the grounds where we played were very basic but Stringer sorted out all the connections for his commentary, whilst Natalie did all her own camera work. Both of them used public transport to get themselves around and it was quite a shock to see Natalie walking up to the T-bana on her own with what must have been a very valuable camera in the bottom of her large hand-bag.

It made me see them both in quite a different light.

There must be a decent possibility of this fella being unveiled at the game tomorrow. The whole thing has gone rather quiet but he appears to be the number one target and it would be a surprise if the clubs hadn't been negotiating for a while.

It would be rather good PR for the fans at the game tomorrow to reveal the signing. Stranger things have happened.

Its gone very quite on the maynard front over the last couple of days (could no news be good news )

If we get Maynard, I would be very surprised if he were unveiled at the match tomorrow. At a league match yes, when he is probably the best player on the pitch, or if he was a previous star from Real Madrid, like Beckham, but not Nicky from Bristol City. Kaka, Ronaldo and friends would more likely recognise Ricky from Eastenders!

If we get Maynard, I would be very surprised if he were unveiled at the match tomorrow. At a league match yes, when he is probably the best player on the pitch, or if he was a previous star from Real Madrid, like Beckham, but not Nicky from Bristol City. Kaka, Ronaldo and friends would more likely recognise Ricky from Eastenders!

So, it's between Beckham and Ricky from Eastenders then?

Its gone very quite on the maynard front over the last couple of days (could no news be good news )

Thankfully.. Some ill applied logic suggests the deal is done and he's a Leicester player in all but name, unless he signs a new BC contract! With one year left and those carrots dangling, the Brizzle board surely can't risk him leaving on a free transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669