Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they got 5% of the fee but nothing if they request a transfer.

Often there will be a loyalty bonus linked to the contract. If they are sold before the end of the contract without asking for a transfer they will receive the loyalty bonus they would have got if they'd stayed until the end of the contract.

Any percentage of the transfer fee would be something that had been negotiated by their agent, there's no rule about how much it would be, if anything.

Often there will be a loyalty bonus linked to the contract.

The "loyalty bonus" is actually part of the signing on fee that was agreed when they signed their contract.

This is from the HMRC website:

" Signing-on fees are payable to the player at the discretion of the new club and will normally have been agreed between the player and the new club during transfer negotiations. The signing-on fee payable to the player is stated in the contract and is normally payable by equal instalments over the period of the contract, which may sometimes include the period over which there is an option to extend the contract.

Where the player is subsequently transferred at the request of his club, any unpaid instalments of the earlier signing-on fee are payable immediately. But where the player requests a transfer he forfeits any such unpaid instalments unless the management committee is satisfied that his transfer request was made on reasonable grounds. "

The fact he only has a year to run on his contract,is baffling that they are asking so much for him! The same could be said for the lad at reading, sven will simply bide his time, hopefully our midfield will chip in again this year, and help the lads upfront!
It will be interesting to see how far sven will go to land his man.

Perhaps the wrong thread here ,but having been to the cov game im convinced the a striker is a must ,i know with a man short the formation needed to change but one man up wont get us what we really want goals,it seemed to me again in the second half ,we never had men up to receive crosses. Sven please ,splash the cash it will be worth it if we get up this season.

Perhaps the wrong thread here ,but having been to the cov game im convinced the a striker is a must ,i know with a man short the formation needed to change but one man up wont get us what we really want goals,it seemed to me again in the second half ,we never had men up to receive crosses. Sven please ,splash the cash it will be worth it if we get up this season.

It's already been well documented that Sven is after a striker and he's got a few different targets in mind. You must chill out, there is plenty of time left until the end of the transfer window.

The fact he only has a year to run on his contract,is baffling that they are asking so much for him! The same could be said for the lad at reading, sven will simply bide his time, hopefully our midfield will chip in again this year, and help the lads upfront!
It will be interesting to see how far sven will go to land his man.

Bristol City are sensible to put a high price on Maynard. What message would it have sent to their fans if they had sold him quickly.. They know we have money and want a striker. They will try and get the highest price possible. Apart from the obvious point that they want the money a high price will appease fans if they struggle for goals without him. If Leicester do not buy him Bristol City can tell their fans they stood up to Leicester. It may well be that Sven will feel they want more money than Maynard is worth.

I agree with Alli that we need a striker. It may be that Long will go to the Prem or West Ham which may be more convenient for someone already living near Reading. I know this is controversial but I would like to the The Return Of The Yak if a deal can be done on his wages. (I know that Sven will go for effectiveness rather than entertasinment value but I enjoyed watching the Yak more than any striker since Deane and Dickov). Otherwise I can forsee Sven going into the loan market - one of the top Prem clubs may have strikers available for a good price.

Bristol City are sensible to put a high price on Maynard. What message would it have sent to their fans if they had sold him quickly.. They know we have money and want a striker. They will try and get the highest price possible. Apart from the obvious point that they want the money a high price will appease fans if they struggle for goals without him. If Leicester do not buy him Bristol City can tell their fans they stood up to Leicester. It may well be that Sven will feel they want more money than Maynard is worth.

I don't think it's a case of Bristol City putting a high price on his head. They have steadfastly refused to enter into any dialogue with anybody about the possibility of him being allowed to leave them and maintain that he is not for sale. This IMHO is not in anybody's interests and is a disbenefit to the club itself, the fans and the player.

Im beginning to see striker options getting away from us now if its to be believed that shane long has been sold on,but i do believe that with some hard bargening over the wage issue we could get the yac back to the king power stadium and if we could get a full shift from him he would be great alongside Maynard.

Im beginning to see striker options getting away from us now if its to be believed that shane long has been sold on,but i do believe that with some hard bargening over the wage issue we could get the yac back to the king power stadium and if we could get a full shift from him he would be great alongside Maynard.

Have a look at how long that sentence is and then ask yourself "Is one comma enough?"

I know mate,just a bit of fun,but on a more serious issue, what is you view regarding strikers?

I know mate,just a bit of fun,but on a more serious issue, what is you view regarding strikers?

:icon_lol: Now you are taking the piss!

In all honesty I am in no rush, I think Nugent will be fine until the end of the window and if we don't sign anyone there are loan options after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669