Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really are waiting for a Premier League side to come and make a bid, but when they realise that's not going to happen things may change. From what I hear they're also seeing how Long's sale goes to maximise his market value.

Give it a couple of weeks and I suspect there will be a bidding war between ourselves, Southampton and West Ham. It's not like he's short of a suitor or two.

Im beginning to see striker options getting away from us now if its to be believed that shane long has been sold on,but i do believe that with some hard bargening over the wage issue we could get the yac back to the king power stadium and if we could get a full shift from him he would be great alongside Maynard.
Not this again. Let me explain it simply:

IAIN HUME WAS SHIT!

I remember the same thing with David Connolly: people saying how good he was because "he's a busy player" etc. Busy doing what exactly? Needlessly wasting energy chasing down lost causes?

Mind you, we hilariously got £3mil for him from Wigan so can't complain.

Last edited:
I remember the same thing with David Connolly: people saying how good he was because "he's a busy player" etc. Busy doing what exactly? Needlessly wasting energy chasing down lost causes?

Mind you, we hilariously got £3mil for him from Wigan so can't complain.

And just a few years later we spent it on Waggy.

Waghorn, when fit and in form, is very, very good.

Problem there is ,yes he is fit, but im afraid not match fit, to be honest i feel for the guy ,but maybe tonight will be his chance to prove hes a true striker.(sven give him a go)

If you look at Waghorns goals it is clear that he can actually finish very very well.

How well he can actually finish doesn't matter. How often he puts the ball in the back of the net is what matters.

A player who gets in positions to put the ball in the back of the net from 2 yards with his arse every other game is far better than a player who can show a score with a fantastic finish from an acute angle once every 8 games.

Last edited:
It's funny, I don't remember anyone nominating for player of the season or being in the top 4 or 5 players of the season in 09/10. I remember myself saying at the time on here that Fryatt was a far superior player and I'd much rather have him in the team and I remember others on here echoing that. I think the general consensus was he was a decent Championship player who had potential.

Then as soon as he cried after missing that penalty vs Cardiff we got facebook groups and people declaring him a "Leicester legend." I swear that one display of tearful remorse put his stock up with Leicester fans and Leicester fans' opinions on how good he was up about 300%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670