Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
**CONGRATULATIONS**!!! I am poster #1061!!!

I bet Nicky Maynard is reading this thread and is waiting for the 150 pages before signing - just as a method of ego massage. Get posting people! We CAN make this happen.

The latest from Fourth Official ...

Fourth_Official
Nicky Maynard saga will definitely drag over till tomorrow, still no fee agreed but talks STILL ongoing, think he will sign #LCFC

Nicky Maynard to me is a class act, but i truely believe that if he had wanted to become a LCFC player, this saga would have been finished well before now,i get a feeling that im going to feel sad about the outcome ,(i just hope im wrong,)

Saw on Twitter earlier that Maynard had rejected us.... can't remember the source though.

Surely if we get a bid accepted, he'll sign? We wouldn't have bid all summer if he wasn't interested would we?

I really can't work this out. Bristol City are unable to do a great deal without some cash coming in. If the player really wanted it, he'd have handed in a request. We could have more than compensated him for his troubles. £6m plus additional cash is really an awful lot of money for someone in their final year and had a fairly shit injury record. I can only come to the conclusion that the player doesn't want to come hence the desperate bids for several other players.

The silence from the player is deafening.

He hasn't signed the new contract he was offered, yet he hasn't rejected it either. perhaps he doesn't know what he wants.

The silence from the player is deafening.

What do you expect him to say?

If he says he wants to leave it could cost him money - and it will piss off the Bristol City fans, not a good idea if he ends up staying.

If he says he wants to stay and then leaves he'll look like a hypocrite.

He hasn't signed the new contract he was offered, yet he hasn't rejected it either. perhaps he doesn't know what he wants.

Maybe he wants to leave but doesn't want to lose money by putting in a transfer request.
Maybe he wants to go to a Premier League club.
Maybe he's waiting for his contract to expire so he can get a big signing on fee next summer.

What do you expect him to say?

If he says he wants to leave it could cost him money - and it will piss off the Bristol City fans, not a good idea if he ends up staying.

If he says he wants to stay and then leaves he'll look like a hypocrite.

Maybe he wants to leave but doesn't want to lose money by putting in a transfer request.
Maybe he wants to go to a Premier League club.
Maybe he's waiting for his contract to expire so he can get a big signing on fee next summer.

If it was a Leicester player i would assume he wanted to leave if he hadn't signed a contract by now, or made some statement of wanting to stay. But if that were the case i can't understand why such generous offers are being rejected by the club.

I expect this is even more frustrating for their fans than ours.

If it was a Leicester player i would assume he wanted to leave if he hadn't signed a contract by now, or made some statement of wanting to stay. But if that were the case i can't understand why such generous offers are being rejected by the club.

I expect this is even more frustrating for their fans than ours.

He's holding out for 1,111 posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670