Nigel Pearson - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tree shagger .... lets get to the point. His record is far from 'impressive'. I have to listen to Forest fans all fecking day moaning about Calderwood. He's hated by almost everyone connected to the club, and only promotion saved him from being sacked. If you don't perform within the first 12 odd games, he'l be gone FACT.

And Holloway will takeover:icon_lol:

Firstly, I'm hugely relieved that it isn't Gregory (with Walsh)

As for Pearson, from the early information about him, some things appear quite promising about him. A lot of management experience for a relatively young guy and was not just a player but the captain of his club for quite some years. As another poster said, someone really should check out the Southampton site and see if the fans really were disappointed to see him go (I hope it is the case, not saying it isn't). They did escape, but only by the skin of their teeth - what was the verdict of their fans? Do they think he saved them or that he nearly dragged them down? Has anyone checked?

His early statements refer to him feeling that players will respond to his management style. Whatever that is, I hope it is a hard one that trains the players hard (doesn't revert to the slack fitness & training regimes of Adams/Levein/Kelly) and that he is something of a disciplinarian in dealing with under-performing players.

All these questions not withstanding, I will of course give the man a chance, support the team, and believe he has every chance of succeeding at this club. I don't think I could have quite the same attitude with a Gregory appointment.

Last edited:
"very popular with the Southampton fans" cant understand why they nose-dived when he took charge (but he kept them up)
Wont be as funny as Ollie but hes young and an East Midlands lad and he looks a hard fecker so lets support him anymore positives?

Tree shagger .... lets get to the point. His record is far from 'impressive'. I have to listen to Forest fans all fecking day moaning about Calderwood. He's hated by almost everyone connected to the club, and only promotion saved him from being sacked. If you don't perform within the first 12 odd games, he'l be gone FACT.

To be replaced by Ian Holloway :icon_lol:

Fox botherer - Can't be arsed to check but his record is something like 2 promotions and three play-offs in five years. Not sure what your definition of impressive is but that fits in with mine.

Yes I totally agree that he is boring negative etc etc ad nauseum but he gets results...

Last edited:
:icon_roll he's still here

So the best anyone can say is "at least it's not Gregory"....

I couldn't give a feck if Mourinho or Fergie came, if the bunch of cvnts wearing the shirt last year couldn't motivate themselves with all the riches and adulation that attaches itself to a successful football club, who in fecks name could?
:icon_cry:

I couldn't give a feck if Mourinho or Fergie came, if the bunch of cvnts wearing the shirt last year couldn't motivate themselves with all the riches and adulation that attaches itself to a successful football club, who in fecks name could?

its the modern game though innit. there cant be more the 1% of footballers that think like that anymore

Last edited:

I got the feeling, from some of MM's comments, there will be a clear out.

Maybe the fact it took so long to appoint a Manager he could have appointed 4 weeks ago has left people a little 'underwhelmed' and a tad indifferent to it all.Who is the Assistant or has Mandaric got to sift through a list of Quality Applicants before naming him? Expect an announcement By early September.
The whole Manager Appointment process has been a joke from start to finish and now we have a Manager on a 24 hour contract or something

Last edited:
In a poll on a saints forum conducted with 2300 fans 96% wanted Pearson to remain as manager.

Then again, the Plymouth fans loved H*ll*w*y...

A while ago I posted a link to a VitalFootball article written by Saints fans - also there's the 606 boards. My mate, Mark, who lives near the New Forest and is a Season Ticket holder says that he was popular as taking over a sinking ship and steadying it as much as he could with all the shite going on around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669